Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I would like to crop a photograph that is currently at 1360x2048 px. I would like the crop to be constrained though so that it can easily be printed on an 8x10 paper. Can someone explain to me how to do that?

Thanks,
    Shun-Luoi
    IP

I would like to crop a photograph that is currently at 1360x2048 px. I would like the crop to be constrained though so that it can easily be printed on an 8x10 paper. Can someone explain to me how to do that?

Thanks,
    Shun-Luoi
    IP

The moderator of this PI forum will no doubt know the best solution to your question...Steph is considered by many as the Guru of this app...She should be along any time now [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    IP

There isn't any way to automatically make a crop that will fit an 8 X 10 piece of paper. The PI crop tool will let you make a selection and crop it, that's it. You can drag it manually or enter left, top, width and height coordinates for the crop. To do what you want to do, I'd be tempted to take an alternate route, which is to make a new image 8 X 10 inches at the correct resolution for your printer. Open the image you want to crop and copy it into the clipboard, then paste it into the new blank image. It's an object now and you can move it around so that it fits as desired into the 8 X 10 space. When you have it situated correctly, don't forget to right click and Merge All, then you can save it and print it.

Stephanie's PhotoImpact Tutorials
    PhotoImpact 7 Class Information
    IP

Draw a rectangular path as a 2D object, then press Ctrl-G to resize the object precisely as you need.
    Now, it's time to set the shape mode to "Selection"... and you can move it to choose the best croping zone.
    When you have found it, just press Ctrl-R.

Et voilĂ* !
    IP

Thanks for your responses. I've tried both ways that were suggested and both worked. I'll continue to experiment!

- D. Shun-Luoi Fong
    IP