Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi guys.

I have just installed Painter Classic which was bundled with my graphics tablet.My problem is that there is a gap of about 4 - 5 inches between where my cursor is and the painted line shows up,it has me completely stumped.I have checked my Wacom settings ie mapping and tool settings I have checked Painters prefs,no matter what I do I cant get a painted line to show up just above my cursor tip.What am I missing here [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Thanks.

Stu.
    IP

Hi guys.

I have just installed Painter Classic which was bundled with my graphics tablet.My problem is that there is a gap of about 4 - 5 inches between where my cursor is and the painted line shows up,it has me completely stumped.I have checked my Wacom settings ie mapping and tool settings I have checked Painters prefs,no matter what I do I cant get a painted line to show up just above my cursor tip.What am I missing here [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Thanks.

Stu.
    IP

Hi,

The usual solution for this problem is to download and install the latest Wacom driver.

Good luck, and let us know if that doesn't do the trick. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Jinny Brown
    http://www.pixelalley.com
    Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Chinese Proverb
    IP

I updated my driver about 3 weeks ago to the new one and the pen just stuck like mad to my palettes and layers so I chucked it and went back to the original which is 4.456 I think which is also fairly new.This problem I am having is just bizarre there is at least 4 - 5 maybe more inches between where the cursor paints and line shows up in pixel form,I have never heard of anything like this before.Thanks anyway.

Stu. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    IP

I had to sacrifice pen mode for mouse mode on my tablet,and pen mode is a pain in the butt,but I managed to paint an image anyway and I will post it in a seperate thread.

Stu.
    IP

Stu,

Try disabling the double-click option in the Wacom Controls Panel.

Other than that, I can't recall any other solutions to this problem that I've read over the years.

It would be good to post your techincal questions to some of the other Painter-related lists/boards/newsgroups where there's more activity and a lot of expert Painter users who've been through these things and solved them. There's a recently updated list of these forums in the Tutorials section of my site (scroll to the bottom half of the main page):

http://www.pixelalley.com/tutorials/tuthome.html

Good luck [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Jinny Brown
    http://www.pixelalley.com
    Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Chinese Proverb
    IP

I will try that.

I am one of the many who are having problems with their tablets at the moment because of alledgedly a conflict created by an ATI driver that is being worked on at the moment,it causes freezes etc.

Cheers for the links [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Stu.
    IP