Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Has anyone gotten around to writing a utility so that the File Explorer can show thumbnails of Xara files under Win2000/WinXP/Win98/WinMe? It should be easy enough to do as a lot of .xar files have a preview image stored in them, which QuickViewPlus can display.

Is there any demand for this at all & has it been done already?

ps Hi guys - how you doing? Good I hope.
    pps My views are my own and do not represent those of my employer. If someone could tell me how to add this to my signature ..? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img])

Has anyone gotten around to writing a utility so that the File Explorer can show thumbnails of Xara files under Win2000/WinXP/Win98/WinMe? It should be easy enough to do as a lot of .xar files have a preview image stored in them, which QuickViewPlus can display.

Is there any demand for this at all & has it been done already?

ps Hi guys - how you doing? Good I hope.
    pps My views are my own and do not represent those of my employer. If someone could tell me how to add this to my signature ..? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img])

Just rediscovered the search facility in these forums and presto, tons of viewer references, but none which anybody can use with thumbnail view. Any takers? (Don't make me start coding... ;-)

ps For anyone looking at my profile, I still can't edit it so my email address there is long out of date.

XnView is a fabulous veiewer for looking at sorts of files, including .xar and .web files!!

Yea, I see you registered quite a while ago [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] you can't get into your MyPop and change things?? You should be able too. If not, then I would contact Gary or Ross and see if they can help you out!!!

good luck!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Richard [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Winters where it\'s cold, summers where it\'s hot

Same with CompuPic & CompuPic Pro.
    www.photodex.com

DC

<a href=http://www.djart.com>DJArt & Design</a>
    <a href=http://www.djart.com>DJArt & Design</a>

Oh, my goodness. This thing is great Richard. Thanks for the link.

The list of formats is huge. I'm most happy by its .xar & EPS preview since I don't have Illustrator. I installed Xnview and used it browse through one of my Xara folders... and bingo, cute little thumbnails of stuff. Supoib!

Thanks, Wayne

5 minutes later - I just did a quick search here on this and tons came up about it. Must've missed it. Thanks all.

[This message was edited by "W" on November 19, 2002 at 09:09.]

Thumbs Plus is a great thumbnail viewer which can view, convert and do a whole lot of things. You can set it to view Xara files if you define them as a subformat of Corel Draw or Corel Draw type graphic. You can't actually view the graphic but you can see a thumbnail of what's in them.

s.g.