Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I cannot reproduce your second problem. I can make brushes like I wish in the way you describe, save them and use them ad infinitum. I have version "a".

As for the first problem: Xara makes a difference between dynamic and passive attributes. Dynamic means in this case: linked to the blend tool. As long you read BLEND down left, you are in DYNAMIC MODE;

What you do is:
    1/ you group to keep the relative places
    2/ in the ARRANGE menu you CONVERT TO EDITABLE SHAPES. You now lose the dynamic blend attributes but
    3/ while holding CTRL down, you can select each object separately now and give a contour, change fill etc.

success. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

That situation with blend generated shapes not displaying their outlines is strange. I wouldn't say things like that are "piddley" - xara should attempt to fix them. The blend tool is impressive in its ability to generate the morph between two shapes. Sometimes a blend is applied only to obtain that intermediate shape. Having it not display its outline is a problem.

After trying your instructions I tried the following:
    I copied one of the ungrouped former blend objects to the clipboard. I then tried applying its attributes (ctrl-shift-a) to a different selected object. That object's outline also vanished. It displayed in the colour bar that it had a black outline - I just couldn't see it.

Weird Stuff...I hope the big brains at Xara fix it.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

ivca
    was able to reproduce on my p.c. the blend problem which you have with similar results (invisible outlines)but had no problems with access violation on saving after modifying and saving brushes on your second example(versionAA)

"These are all good ideas and points of view but it shows we have run out of major issues to get fixed."

Oh really? Then you haven't seen my list of XX-complaints! :-)

K
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

Hello

I have 1.0aa and cannot reproduce either of the problems. I can edit and save a brush and can assign a line fill to either end of a blend or to a ungrouped object in the blend.

I suggest those who are having such problems have a display driver problem. I use 1152 864 with small fonts, Win95a 32 bit colour Matrox card.

Mike Engles
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	No_prob.jpg 
Views:	255 
Size:	24.3 KB 
ID:	14862  

I had a problem with saving brushes causing an access violation - I emailed Xara about a week ago - no reply as yet. I believe it was to do with saving more pages of brushes in the brushes folder, after I removed one the save worked again. Perhaps there is a limit - only Xara knows.

Christine
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365