Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Help someone. I just got Corel Draw 8 for Mac. It keeps shutting down, giving me error 2 messages, and now error 3 messages. What are these messages? I reinstalled and still am getting them. No response from Corel so far. It was initially when I was using the tutorial but is just whenever now. No other programs running. I installed 8.0.2 and 8.0.3 from Corel because I am running OS9 and was hoping that was the problem. But it keeps happening. At my wits end.

Also, I noticed that the plugins are greyed out on Draw, but are there for PhotoPaint. Since I'm new to this, do I have to install them into Draw, and if so, how? I can find no help anywhere on Corel or in the book so I am desparately asking for help here. Thanks! Also, does anyone know of a book that might actually have answers in it?
    IP

Help someone. I just got Corel Draw 8 for Mac. It keeps shutting down, giving me error 2 messages, and now error 3 messages. What are these messages? I reinstalled and still am getting them. No response from Corel so far. It was initially when I was using the tutorial but is just whenever now. No other programs running. I installed 8.0.2 and 8.0.3 from Corel because I am running OS9 and was hoping that was the problem. But it keeps happening. At my wits end.

Also, I noticed that the plugins are greyed out on Draw, but are there for PhotoPaint. Since I'm new to this, do I have to install them into Draw, and if so, how? I can find no help anywhere on Corel or in the book so I am desparately asking for help here. Thanks! Also, does anyone know of a book that might actually have answers in it?
    IP

DMROSE

I'm not familiar with the workings of Draw under MAC OS.

There are two places you might find the information you seek.

If you have a newsgroup reader and set up an account to point to

cnews.corel.com

There are two newsgroups an old archive newsgroup that you can no longer post to, but can still read

archive.corelsupport.draw8_mac

And a new current newsgroup that you can post to

corel.graphics_support.draw-mac

In PC versions you can add folder paths that contain photoshop compatible plugins from the menu option Tools/Options/Workspace/Plug-ins

Peter
    The style challenged Pete'sCrypt
    IP