Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

I was reading the profile of David Michie, the CEO of SWiSH and found a link to a company called Wright Design that he was involved with prior to developing SWiSH.

The company has a number of graphics oriented products. One called Wright Design sounds really interesting and innovative. Apparently it is much faster than other bitmap imaging programs. It is a $99 product they describe as:

"All-in-One, Object-Based Architecture.

Wright offers breakthrough "all-in-one" creative graphics software products that combine the functions of Bitmap Imaging, Vector Illustration and Page Layout, the essential elements of complete creative design and production.

The DCM File Format with Real Pixel Technology is at the foundation of this series of content creation software applications, providing high speed viewing of images and network extensibility.

These products bring unparalleled value that bridges traditional price performance gaps and are compelling to several specific markets including photo-enthusiasts, web designers, part-time and professional graphic designers, and publishers."

The reviews and testimonials make it sound really good! They do note that you should do the tutorials as the object-oriented approach is unique. Here's a review. Note Wright also have a $29 version that passes on the vector tools.

Check it out Wright Design here at their homepage.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

[This message was edited by Ross Macintosh on August 08, 2001 at 11:20.]

I remember when Wright Design came out; it was a hit with the graphics software reviewers, but they felt, as most do, v1.0 was always a bad choice to give an unqualified endorsement to. It began the trend that Deneba's Canvas picked up on, the smaller, faster, swiss army knife compared to the increasingly bloated Corel Draw and the multi-program Adobe platform. That was in the mid-90's and I hadn't heard anything more about it since then. I'm surprised it's "only" at v2.1, that's slow in today's new-release-every-six-months environment.

Glad to hear it's still around.

"The company has a number of graphics oriented products. One called Wright
    Design sounds really interesting and innovative. Apparently it is much
    faster than other bitmap imaging programs. It is a $99 product they
    describe as:

"All-in-One, Object-Based Architecture."

Wow, they've really come down on the price since I last saw it. Wright Design used to sell for several hundred dollars.

Doug Frost

I tried it years ago, when it cost several hundred $. It was interesting, but I didn't get really turned on by it. I wonder when this 2.1 version came out? I fear it's several years old and that it's a half-dead product . . .

K
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")