Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi,
    I've got a problem with scanned pictures. The surface of the pics has a texture like linen and when I scan them there are thousands of little lightspots.
    Can anxbody help me with this? Is there a method in PS 5.5 to get rid of this texture?
    Thanks for your help.
    Sanne
    IP

Hi,
    I've got a problem with scanned pictures. The surface of the pics has a texture like linen and when I scan them there are thousands of little lightspots.
    Can anxbody help me with this? Is there a method in PS 5.5 to get rid of this texture?
    Thanks for your help.
    Sanne
    IP

Sounds like a dirty scanning bed. Give the glass a clean using a cloth that is made for camera lenses so it wont scratch your glass. You may want to give the photo/slide/neg a blow job with some canned air too (be careful not to hold it too close).

The dust and scratches filter works nicely for removing things like this. You will, however, lose detail. Sometimes the noise is only on one channel and the application of the d&s or a guasian blur on this channel will not do too much damage to the quality of the photo. You might also want to change to different modes like LAB or CMYK . The L channel in Lab is excellent for seperating tonal info from colour info. If your lucky...your garbage noise will be on the a or b channel and a blur or d&s filter will do the trick.
    IP