Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Ross here - Eric who started this thread asked me to remove his posts. Rather than do that and loose his neat .xar cartoon, I decided I just do some editing.

Regards, Ross

[This message was edited by Ross Macintosh on April 24, 2001 at 04:34 PM.]
    Attached Files Attached Files
    IP

Ross here - Eric who started this thread asked me to remove his posts. Rather than do that and loose his neat .xar cartoon, I decided I just do some editing.

Regards, Ross

[This message was edited by Ross Macintosh on April 24, 2001 at 04:34 PM.]
    IP

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Eric - It's a cute cartoon. I'm glad you didn't post a jpg. These days we all have to be cognicent of copyright issues. Gary recently pointed out that many images on the web (particullarly those subject to abuse) are digitally watermarked in ways that allow their unauthorized use to be tracked - and prosecuted. I doubt digimarc's spider can look inside a .xar file so you probably won't be sued for this one (unless Matt visits the forum). [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

(The issue is serious. Not only could you be prosecuted, Xara Ltd./Talkgraphics.com could too).

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>
    IP

Very nice! My Dad got a kick out of it after he saw your first VW!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-
    IP

Sorry Eric but only one [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] per post.

You have exceeded and abused the smiley allotment.

On a lighter note, having finished formatting the Big Frank Guest Tutorial (it will be posted on May 1) I can say this: if you look in a mirror, I think you'll notice something yellow (like egg?) on your face.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

(Moderators can use more than one smiley. It's a moderator perk)

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Even So Humble...
    IP

That's not fair, I'm rebelling...
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] lol

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-
    IP

Hey eric, thanks!

I was about to post this brand new smiley just for you and then saw your apology which I most graciously accept.

However, I will post the smiley here anyway for anybody who either now or in the future wishes question the ethics of any xartist in this forum.

Posting messages here is not about being egotistical or flash-harry. It is about using Xara (X or not) and its many features to create works of art, irrespective of talent and ability. It is about learning from others and having the enthusiasm to experiment and the humility to post the results of those experiments here for the delight of all concerned. Nobody here is better than anybody else (except Gary who's so bloody good he deserves a right kicking! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ).

As I have said to people in newsgroups for the past six or seven years: "lurk awhile before you post - you are far less likely to end up eating your boots".

[This message was edited by Big Frank on April 22, 2001 at 04:43 PM.]

[This message was edited by Gary W. Priester on April 23, 2001 at 06:07 PM.]
    Last edited by Big Frank; 16 April 2009 at 12:22 PM.
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.
    IP

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Big Frank wrote this:<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Posting messages here is not about being egotistical or flash-harry. It is about using Xara (X or not) and its many features to create works of art, irrespective of talent and ability. It is about learning from others and having the enthusiasm to experiment and the humility to post the results of those experiments here for the delight of all concerned. Nobody here is better than anybody else<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you are absolutely right Frank. We can all learn from one another. This recent joisting (for lack of a better word) has been distasteful. If we all treat each other with respect (and realize there are real people with real feelings behind every post) perhaps the mood of the forum will remain positive. We all have to do our best to keep our egos and competitive urges under control. They have their place, but IMHO it isn't here because they shut down communication rather than open it up. Let's all keep helping one another...

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>
    IP