Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Well after trying to use the method Gary had suggested and not getting the effect I was looking for I tried creating a new brush that would be the right color/transparency for the shadow. Every time I clicked on "create brush" the program seized up. I had to do ctrl-alt-delete to shut the program down. This happened repeatedly. I tried shutting down my computer and restarting it but that made no difference. Whatever is the matter with Xara it seems to be permanent. I have given it a rest for a couple of days and will see today if I can get through one of Gary's tutorials, something unrelated to the corn drawing. Maybe there's just something about that corn drawing that my program can't cope with. I've been thinking maybe when I'm working with larger files I should be saving them to another drive, like my floppy drive. Maybe it's not good to have them in the same drive as a running copy of Xara...

Deb

There have been many brush-related problems that have caused all of us a lot of grief. Mark G. must ben on top of it because he seems to have lots of time to be creative these days :-)

He has promised an update soon that may resolve some of these problems.

Hang in there.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Rarely So Humble...

G-beautifully executed. Why glass? If you'd a made that baby with real corn kernels...butter dripping down...I would'a ordered a service for two.

Really nice...Bill [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Re your problems on clicking the "create new brush" icon. I've created a few brushes and made a template of them within brushes folder for future use. I've found that with the occasional brush when I've clicked on the "select an existing brush" drop down list that XaraX crashes or locks. This repeats on every freash restart of Xara when selecting this feature. By removing the last loaded brush template, I have found that this fault dissappears.
    So if you doing an re-install, try deleteing your brushes folder first and see if this solves your problem.
    Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host