Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Dark" humour?

Hi Everyone,

My brother's prognosis has greatly improved, from "start making funeral arrangements" to "he's improving nicely, and will soon be strong enough for advanced treatment". It's been an emotional rollercoaster ride the last couple of weeks. But, we seem to be coming to the smooth part of the ride now.

I haven't made any posts lately, but I have been viewing everyone's GREAT posts every evening after getting home from the hospital.

To get to the point of my attachment, one of the small towns I drive through on the way to and from the hospital has been selected to be the site of a new uranium processing plant. This was greatly opposed by the residents, but evidently big business over rides the opinion of the common folk. I imagine my idea of humour at this point is a little twisted, but I enjoyed getting to use Xara again.

Soquili
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	u235-2.jpg 
Views:	348 
Size:	28.6 KB 
ID:	5873  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Hi Everyone,

My brother's prognosis has greatly improved, from "start making funeral arrangements" to "he's improving nicely, and will soon be strong enough for advanced treatment". It's been an emotional rollercoaster ride the last couple of weeks. But, we seem to be coming to the smooth part of the ride now.

I haven't made any posts lately, but I have been viewing everyone's GREAT posts every evening after getting home from the hospital.

To get to the point of my attachment, one of the small towns I drive through on the way to and from the hospital has been selected to be the site of a new uranium processing plant. This was greatly opposed by the residents, but evidently big business over rides the opinion of the common folk. I imagine my idea of humour at this point is a little twisted, but I enjoyed getting to use Xara again.

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Glad to hear that he is doing better and treatment is in the works for him. Tell him to be strong and that allot of folks are pulling for him!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

That really sucks the big one with the town loosing out to big business. You wonder why we all have issues with 'dis-eases' like cancer, ect.... plants like that are part of the reason and if anyone tells you otherwise they are full of crap!! Half the dis-eases in the world are of our own making and inocent folks end up paying for someone elses mess they didn't stay on top of or clean up properly then the area is contaminated and well you know the rest.... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Nice image though Soquili!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Richard [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Yeah, I have to agree with you about diseases being caused by 'our' own doing. Although, I like the Cherokee oral history of the origin of disease. It is rather long, but to summerize; insects created disease because humans had been treating all the other 'people' very badly. The plant 'people' took pity on the humans and each species became the cure for a disease. It's a real pity that 'we' humans have distroyed many of the plants and have therefore also lost the cure for many diseases. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Good to hear the news about your brother, Soquili!!! Stay positive!!! I like this image you created also, and I'm in agreement with you and Richard both on the subject. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Nice work, good message!!!
    ---Maya [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

This is off topic for your thread Soquili but did anybody see the segment on the Nightly News with Jim Leyher on PBS last night (Wednesday Dec. 18) concerning the woman who is a member of the Black Foot nation and who is suing the US Governement for monies owed her people?

Talk about corruption and criminal negligence! The department of the Interior destroying documents pertaining to agreements with these people over royalty payments for oil drilling, etc. so the government would not have to pay these people what it owed them.

The Justice Department shut down the Deparment of the Interior's website when they discovered tremendous security leaks that would allow amoung other people, hackers from the oil companies to hack into the system to change the information. Then when people complained about not getting their checks, the Department of the Interior said, blame the lady who brought the law suite. She's the one who is responsible for the site being shut down so we cannot access theh information. What a bunch of horse dung.

I was not proud to be an American after watching that program.

On the other hand, I am glad to hear things are looking better for your brother. Our hopes and prayers are with him and his family.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

The Xara Xone

Thanks for the info Gary, I missed seeing that. It's really a shame that this type of treatment continues into the 21st century.

I'll refrain from getting onto the soapbox, because this isn't unusual, or unexpected treatment (as proven by history). I will include the Black Foot people in my prayers. We Are All Related!

Thank you, and my brother thanks you for your prayers.

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thank you. I'm trying to be positive, and helping keep my brother's spirits up. His good attitude along with everyone's prayers will get him (and me) through what ever comes to be.

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

and I remembered this prayer:

Prayer for the White Man

Grandfather, I ask you to bless the white man.
    He needs your wisdom, your guidance.
    You see, for so long, he has tried to destroy my people, and only feels comfortable when given power.
    Bless them, show them the peace we understand;
    teach them humility.
    For I fear they will someday destroy themselves
    and their children as they have done so Mother Earth.
    I plead, I cry.
    After all, they are my brothers...

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Amen! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Richard [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---