Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Poll Question:
    Please review the following site created with webstyle4 at www.porcupineskirunners.com
    My problem is this - when yuo look at the top of the template under the PSR logo you will seea white gap in between the blue (I call it ski) and teh grey section below that holds the Company name. When I look at the site in FrontPage 2003 it looks okay but when I publish it this is what I get. If you go throughthe 3 page site all have the same inherent problem. I have re-started this site from scratch 3 times only to have the same issue. Thinking that there is a fix to this and I'm just missing somthing I shut down the sofware and re-open it again and go into the Project Folder for this site, I right click on the page and I get "template defaults" which I would assume sets the page template back to default but this doesn't seem to fix the above mentioned problem. If I right click on that page again at a later time I get the message that Webstyle4 has encountered a errora nd will shut down. From that point any time I try even to work on that same page it still crashes the software.
    I've been using this software for about 3 weeks and I find this very frustrating.

Please reply
    Thanks

Poll Question:
    Please review the following site created with webstyle4 at www.porcupineskirunners.com
    My problem is this - when yuo look at the top of the template under the PSR logo you will seea white gap in between the blue (I call it ski) and teh grey section below that holds the Company name. When I look at the site in FrontPage 2003 it looks okay but when I publish it this is what I get. If you go throughthe 3 page site all have the same inherent problem. I have re-started this site from scratch 3 times only to have the same issue. Thinking that there is a fix to this and I'm just missing somthing I shut down the sofware and re-open it again and go into the Project Folder for this site, I right click on the page and I get "template defaults" which I would assume sets the page template back to default but this doesn't seem to fix the above mentioned problem. If I right click on that page again at a later time I get the message that Webstyle4 has encountered a errora nd will shut down. From that point any time I try even to work on that same page it still crashes the software.
    I've been using this software for about 3 weeks and I find this very frustrating.

Please reply
    Thanks

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chickenman:
    Poll Question:
    Please review the following site created with webstyle4 at http://www.porcupineskirunners.com

Please reply
    Thanks<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In some cases, FP 2003 alters the code and inserts carriage returns within the HTML. This can cause the display of your web page to be changed.

We will be reporting this problem to Microsoft and are also investigating methods to prevent the alteration of the HTML by FrontPage when editing a web page exported by Webstyle.

More information will be provided shortly

You answered the question about the carriage returns and that's what I had in mind was the problem.
    Are you saying this is only a problem in FP2003 and that it doesn't do it in FP2002?

You never answered my question about the software crashing.

When I open a project and right click on a page in the bottom window to do a "template defaults" the software crashes. But only does it on certain pages. When it does accept the template default command the page appears to be okay and it doesn't have the whitye line in the template header if you check out the site at www.porcupineskirunners.com you will see the problem in Internet Explorer 6.0 and if you look at the site with Netscapr 7.1 it looks fine.

Is the problem with Internet explorer or FrontPage 2003?/

Please reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chickenman:
    You answered the question about the carriage returns and that's what I had in mind was the problem.
    Are you saying this is only a problem in FP2003 and that it doesn't do it in FP2002?

You never answered my question about the software crashing.

When I open a project and right click on a page in the bottom window to do a "template defaults" the software crashes. But only does it on certain pages. When it does accept the template default command the page appears to be okay and it doesn't have the whitye line in the template header if you check out the site at http://www.porcupineskirunners.com you will see the problem in Internet Explorer 6.0 and if you look at the site with Netscape 7.1 it looks fine.

Is the problem with Internet explorer or FrontPage 2003?/

Please reply<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its a problem with FrontPage 2003 causing the carriage returns to be inserted. IE renders HTML in a different manner to Netscape allowing the problem to be displayed. I havent been sucessful in causing the software to crash in the manner you describe. Which OS do you have installed? What is the date displayed when selecting about webstyle? Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Why then when I preview the site within FP2003 in Internet Explore 6.0.2 it looks fine but when It's published to the web it looks different. I was only able to get the software to crash when I would right click on the page in the bottom pane of WS4 and then it would load in the top pane. It was when I had to do the same right click more than once. I've tried that on two different OS windows 2000 and windows xp. (try using the sabre them to replicate this problem) The date you are asking about is Oct 27, 2003. I don't know if anyone else has encountered this problem but I need a fix. Maybe its not a FP 2003 problem at all be a problem with the theme (sabre)
    I need to know this - I've created the www.porcupineskirunners.com site and I've spent hours trying to get that theme to look right in Explorer and it seems that this might be a ongoing issue that has no resolve - can I change the theme with webstyle4 or do I have to redo the whole site over again with a new theme????

I will be testing the other themes today and let you know the results.

Thanks

Why then when I preview the site within FP2003 in Internet Explore 6.0.2 it looks fine but when It's published to the web it looks different. I was only able to get the software to crash when I would right click on the page in the bottom pane of WS4 and then it would load in the top pane. It was when I had to do the same right click more than once. I've tried that on two different OS windows 2000 and windows xp. (try using the sabre them to replicate this problem) The date you are asking about is Oct 27, 2003. I don't know if anyone else has encountered this problem but I need a fix. Maybe its not a FP 2003 problem at all be a problem with the theme (sabre)
    I need to know this - I've created the http://www.porcupineskirunners.com site and I've spent hours trying to get that theme to look right in Explorer and it seems that this might be a ongoing issue that has no resolve - can I change the theme with webstyle4 or do I have to redo the whole site over again with a new theme????

I will be testing the other themes today and let you know the results.

Thanks<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

HI we are not trying to make excuses. The problem is as we have described in previous postings. If the site was created in FrontPage 2002 you would not encounter the same behaviour.

You will encounter the same difficulties when exporting other templates from FrontPage 2003. Are you able to provide your Xara Club username so we can continue discussions regarding the crash you encounter with webstyle 4?

User name is cybercec@nt.net

In your advertising you state the following "Extended compatibility

Webstyle 4 integration will now work with Microsoft FrontPage 2003 and Macromedia Dreamweaver MX 2004. The NavBar menus now support Opera 7(PC), Mozilla(Apple Mac) and Safari(Apple Mac), in addition to the browsers already supported in version 3. "

So why am I having this problem. I bought FP2003 and webstyle4 at the same time because your advertising said it would work with full intergration. As a metter of facty I bought the FP 2003 upgrade from FP2003

Please reply