Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I have been an avid user of Xara and WebStyle and just purchaced WebStyle 4.

I have created a Photo Album the way I want it and still cant figure out how to get it into a page I have, using Front Page 2002 as my editor!

Can it be done working live on the page?
    Can it be done not saving it as an index page, but as an insert into an exsisting page w/o the templates?

I also need some help on the Nav Bars. I have created one to my needs, and imported it into Front Page on the page I want it, saved it, previewed it on Front Page, saw it, then saved it live and it did not show up?

Seems like my confusion is getting all to work with Front Page. I have been using FP for 3-4 years now!

Thanks for the help in advance!

BWolf

[This message was edited by Xara Support on October 30, 2003 at 14:57.]

I'm hoping someone see's this post and replies with help!

I'm Stuck!

BWolf

I have been an avid user of Xara and WebStyle and just purchaced WebStyle 4.

I have created a Photo Album the way I want it and still cant figure out how to get it into a page I have, using Front Page 2002 as my editor!

Can it be done working live on the page?

<font color="#1057BD">No. Webstyle cannot insert elements within a live web page. You need to open the local location of the page as apposed to opening the published version of the page when making changes. </font>

Can it be done not saving it as an index page, but as an insert into an exsisting page w/o the templates?

<font color="#1057BD">Yes. Full instructions for doing so can be found in the FAQ at

http://www.xara.com/support/webstyle. I have included them below. A photo album must be inserted within a webstyle web page. Next the photo album can be extracted and inserted within your own web page.</font>

<table ID="Table1"><tr><td width="100%" vAlign="top" align="left" bgColor="#dee7ef"><font style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Sans-serif" color="#000000">Can I insert a Photo Album into my own web pages?</font></td> </tr><tr><td vAlign="top" align="left"><font style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Sans-serif" color="#000000"><div id="XolRteFragmentDiv" name="XolRteFragmentDiv">
    1. <LI><font face="Arial" size="2">Access Webstyle and create your photo album.</font><LI><font face="Arial" size="2">Insert the photo album within a web page design and select to save.</font>
      <LI><font face="Arial" size="2">Save the web page to the location where the web page in which you wish to insert the photo album resides</font>
      <LI><font face="Arial" size="2">Navigate to the location where the web page has been exported to</font>
      <LI><font face="Arial" size="2">Select to view the source code of the web page</font>
      <LI><font face="Arial" size="2">Copy any references to the album from the style sheet and add these to your own style sheet either in the head section of your web page or within your own style sheet</font>
      <LI><font face="Arial" size="2">Copy and insert the script element referencing the file xaraalbumfuncs.js and insert it into the head or body section of your web page</font>
      <LI><font face="Arial" size="2">From the body section of the web page, copy the code beginning with

< !-- Insert the album here -->to <a href="javascript:xara_nextpage()" ID="xara_nextpage">next</a> and insert this html within the area of your web page where you want the photo album to appear</font>

<LI><font face="Arial" size="2">Copy all the JavaScript after the closing body tag and place it prior to the closing </body> tag of your web page.</font>

</div>
    </font></td></tr></table>

I also need some help on the Nav Bars. I have created one to my needs, and imported it into Front Page on the page I want it, saved it, previewed it on Front Page, saw it, then saved it live and it did not show up?

<font color="#1057BD">
    1. Have you uploaded all the files associated with your navbar?. If your navbar has sub menus then there will be 2 javascript files. One named xaramenu.js and another bearing the same name as the set of graphics exported. There will be 2 graphics for each button upon your navbar along with an additional graphic.

2. Is the folder in which you saved your graphics and JavaScript file(s), at the same location relative to the web page upon your web server, as the folder in which you saved your graphics and JavaScript file(s) is to your web page on your local drive?

Assume you save your navbar (the graphic files and javascript file(s)) in the same location as where your web page is saved.

However when you uploaded your web page and all associated files, you decide to place the files for the navbar in a separate folder to your web page named graphics. The navbar will not be displayed when viewing the web page. This is because the script references inserted in the web page are looking for the javascript files in the same directory as the web page and not in the graphics directory.
    </font>

[This message was edited by Xara Support on October 30, 2003 at 14:56.]

I also like the photo album and will use it alot. But I also want to use my own web page. I find it extremely difficult to do. However, I got it to work per your instructions. Now, though, I need to add one picture. How do I add one picture easily without screwing up my own web page to do it?