Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Here's the result of a couple of hours playing with xara. Do you ever have the feeling someone is watching you?

What inspired the image was something that happened yesterday. I've designed a new prison nearing completion of construction. I took some of the guards ("Correctional Officers") who'll work there on an orientation tour. They reacted with much nervous concern over the fact that most of their work areas will be on camera with 24/7 recording. It made me wonder what they are now getting away with in the old facility that is being replaced. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	paranoid.jpg 
Views:	910 
Size:	84.3 KB 
ID:	10799  

Here's the result of a couple of hours playing with xara. Do you ever have the feeling someone is watching you?

What inspired the image was something that happened yesterday. I've designed a new prison nearing completion of construction. I took some of the guards ("Correctional Officers") who'll work there on an orientation tour. They reacted with much nervous concern over the fact that most of their work areas will be on camera with 24/7 recording. It made me wonder what they are now getting away with in the old facility that is being replaced. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Regards, Ross

I love your illustrations Ross. The innocent looking pup in the RIGTHhand corner really makes you smile. Your whole design is great and your "captions?*&!@#" are always very intelligent.

I'm not paranoid! No, I'm not! I just think all clowns and Ford cars are the spawn of Satan.

"*&!@#"; type letters in my posts just means I'm not sure I'm using the right word... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Risto

...before I saw your graphic, but now I can't help but wonder why that damned dog keeps watching me! And what does he do when I switch off my computer? Does he just sit there and wait for me to switch on so that he can watch me again? I don't like this one bit...

Seriously, though, it's a nice image, Ross. The eyes on the walls somehow look very sinister behind those bevelled blocks.

Mike.

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

Ross,

the picture is great, but the story behind it is frightening. Isn't this a rotten world? It really scares me...

jens
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

I remember reading Ronald Laing, the "anti"-psychiatrist: "It is considered a mental illness when someone has the idea of being followed and watched all the time, but no-one seems to notice that there are at least as much people who are really obsessed with following, watching and controlling others."

Therefore, to quote Angel Heart:

-"It is a free country"
    -"Not for chicken it ain't"

and a second quote:

"However cleverly you sneek upon a mirror, your reflection always looks you straight in the eye"

Or Pink Floyd (Welcome to the machine):

"It's all right: we told you what to dream"

and to end with something more positive (Pink Floyd, the Wall):

"Hey you, don't help them to bury the light: don't give in without a fight"

Strong image, Ross (as usual)

If you don't work against time, time often works for you.null

What would a single paranoid person be, a uninoid? And are uninoids paranoids because they hang around in twos?

I wonder how many paranoid visitors to this conference are afraid to post? WE KNOW YOU ARE OUT THERE YOU KNOW!

You keep building on your techniques Ross. What would make me (a uninoid) very suspicious however, is that none of the material surrounding the eyeball S&P shakers is reflecting anything else in the scene. Huh? Huh? :-)

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Rarely So Humble...

Gary writes: "none of the material surrounding the eyeball S&P shakers is reflecting anything else in the scene. Huh?"

Sir, (better than calling you Dad as someone suggested [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] ) "Huh?" is right. There are no eyeball S&P shakers in the scene. Do you see shakers? I see no shakers, no shakers, no shakers. You see shakers??? Shakers? Eyeballs? Do you have to let your eyes relax and look through the screen to see them? Wait now, let me scrub my hands and I'll have another look.

Factoid - In the pychiatric part of the prison we were told to have no shiny surfaces. Apparently many of the "patients" have paranoid tendencies. Seeing reflections/glare out of the corner of their eyes can make them very uneasy and increases their stress. Knowing who I was dealing with in this forum I decided maybe I'd better not contribute to your stress levels by having lots of shiny surfaces. That and I was lazy.

Erik - You seem to like the Floyd. Why not contribute an image to the Inspired by Music thread in the main xara forum. I always liked "One of these days" from the Meddle album. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Regards, Ross-Ross-Ross

[This message was edited by Ross Macintosh on May 25, 2001 at 18:27.]

Flyboy - I think your remark "I can't help but wonder why that damned dog keeps watching me! And what does he do when I switch off my computer? Does he just sit there and wait for me to switch on so that he can watch me again? I don't like this one bit..." is very funny. I still have a big grin I can't get off my face.

Regards, Ross

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	paranoid2.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	40.5 KB 
ID:	6880