Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: China Cabinet

Ok here is the final render. I wanted to add caustics but I just got c4d v7 and have not been able to render caustics in this scene. (Well I aborted a 11hr render after it had only done 5%)

I have been able to get a simple glass on with a simple floor and sky object to render pretty fast, but I guess with all the glass and reflections it is to much to handle effeicently.

Randy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	final_web.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	187.5 KB 
ID:	11943  

Ok here is the final render. I wanted to add caustics but I just got c4d v7 and have not been able to render caustics in this scene. (Well I aborted a 11hr render after it had only done 5%)

I have been able to get a simple glass on with a simple floor and sky object to render pretty fast, but I guess with all the glass and reflections it is to much to handle effeicently.

Randy

Randy, this is impressive...

Just curious: 11hour render...?
    Please give some info on your system and file size...you scare me.

If you don't work against time, time often works for you.

Very nice Randy! I really liked the stained glass on the front.

Eric,

The picture above took about 1hr to render in v7.1 and 45 mins in v6.3. But when I turned on caustics and left it to render I aborted the render at 11 hours and it was not but about 5-10% finished [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

I am hoping I just had the settings wrong. But sofar today I can not get the above scence to render.

--Randy
    1 ghz PIII running Win Me 512 mb Ram and 10 gigs free on Harddrive.

Nice work Randy [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Are you rendering on the always setting?,or are you using edge and color?,or is caustics a setting of its own?,if you are using always as opposed to edge and color,try edge and color at about 6x6 or greater as it works almost as well as always but is much quicker.Also I think in 7 you can set different render tags for different objects so that you can alias different areas with different settings.Try applying caustics just to the glass and use volumetric lighting for the rest,as eleven hours and 10 percent rendered seems pretty long.

I dont know if any of that will be helpful or not as I dont have 7 yet [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Cheers.

Stu.

Very nice choice and composition. I liked this one the better out of the two, much more pleasing to the eye and "antique" looking. You did the glass very well and it definentally brings a good mood to it all. Great job, best of luck

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-