Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

HELP! I am a well meaning amateur apologies in advance for any dummy-like statements!!

I am using Webstyle 4 with Frontpage 2000. I am trying frames for the first time (and probably the last!). I have a 3 frame web page and am placing a webstyle navabar in the left contents frame.

I have inserted a navbar into my contents frame in Frontpage with no problems. Everything works fine in both preview modes, the target links open up in the "main" frame. However, on uploading to my server the nav bar links now open the link page in the whole window rather than the "main" frame as it did in preview mode.

Any suggestions as to what causes this and how to solve it?

Can anyone clarify if target frame in xara webstyle should be set to main, _main or something else?

All help much appreciated..

The target frame should be set to the name of the frame in which the linked pages should be retrieved.

Assume the frame in which you wish the pages to be retrieved in is named angel ( 1st random name that came to my head!)

Select to edit your navbar in webstyle and enter angel within the target fields for each button and sub menu. This will allow each button/menu to retrieve the page it is linked to in the frame named angel.

If you still having problems please include the url where it can be viewed

Thanks for the speedy reply Bb2!

My frames are set to contents, banner and main.
    I have tried setting the target in xara to main, _main and leaving it blank it just keeps opening the pages to fill the full page and ignores the frames layout. I have tried a simpler menu with no sub menus without any luck.
    Home is the only button workling as its target is the main frames page index.html.

www.waleswoodcricketclub.org.uk

It makes no sense to me!

i viewed the page in ie6 and the pages are being retrieved in the main frame and not in a new window

I didnt say it opened in a new frame...

The thing is only spose to open the new content page in the right hand frame (main) leaving the banner and contents frames the same. Instead it opens up like _parent or something just ignoring my xara target frame settings and I lose banner and contents frames completely.

Its doing my head in!

apologies! You are right

It seems that the page is working fine on everyones PC except mine!! Apart from the pictures in the header which i can esasily sort out.

Must be to do with my IE6 settings??

Hi...Is anyone on this site from support. Tried this questions two days ago and still no reply. Help will be appreciated.

I'm not from support. But where is your question.

http://talkgraphics.com/groupee/foru...8965#573108965

Check out this other post, it explains why my nav bars didn't show up, and how I fixed it.

Look around the forum, this problem happens to a lot of new users. I had another post yesterday, discussing a new flavor and yet another fix for this problem.

Click on my name on the left and then look at all my posts, you will find some that fit your problem.

I think there is a problem with the "loc" variable used in Webstyle's code.

I've tried to link three different web albums from another Webstyle web page, and I find that Webstyle is using literal rather than relative file names, meaning that links only work in their original location.