Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

1. Have you uploaded all the files associated with your navbar?. If your navbar has sub menus then there will be 2 javascript files. One named xaramenu.js and another bearing the same name as the set of graphics exported. There will be 2 graphics for each button upon your navbar along with an additional graphic.

2. Is the folder in which you saved your graphics and JavaScript file(s), at the same location relative to the web page upon your web server, as the folder in which you saved your graphics and JavaScript file(s) is to your web page on your local drive?

Assume you save your navbar (the graphic files and javascript file(s)) in the same location as where your web page is saved.

However when you uploaded your web page and all associated files, you decide to place the files for the navbar in a separate folder to your web page named graphics. The navbar will not be displayed when viewing the web page. This is because the script references inserted in the web page are looking for the javascript files in the same directory as the web page and not in the graphics directory.

I can see my navbar, and I have the files in order, I want to link one of the sub-menus to another page on my site. I upload the layout in webstyle, and edit the menu/url, but this is where Im confused. Is this the only place that I can make that link..? if so, then what is an example of a path that I put there so I can accomplish this. JD

Thanks for the great info.. Just to be sure I understand clearly, In your first paragraph, you mention 2 graphic files and one additional file.. this I take being one a mouse over file, one a seperate button file and then the main graphic itself... correct? Then, all of the files uploaded in the same folder such as index_files... so, if I have just a two page website, then what I would upload is my index.html
    page2.html
    index_files + xaramenu.js

forgot to add page2_files.. I guess what this does is retrieves the correct files for the correct page that you upload.. is this correct?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by einy:
    Thanks for the great info.. Just to be sure I understand clearly, In your first paragraph, you mention 2 graphic files and one additional file.. this I take being one a mouse over file, one a seperate button file and then the main graphic itself... correct? Then, all of the files uploaded in the same folder such as index_files... so, if I have just a two page website, then what I would upload is my index.html
    page2.html
    index_files + xaramenu.js<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats correct. You will upload a) the graphic files exported by webstyle b) the javascript files exported by webstyle c) your 2 web pages which have code inserted referencing the location of the Javascript files

I also have a similar problem. If i view the webpage directly from the disk the menus etc work 100% but if I use the web address for the page it gives me syntax errors in the page, i have traced this to syntax errors in the javascript files.. can you help.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KeithD:
    I also have a similar problem. If i view the webpage directly from the disk the menus etc work 100% but if I use the web address for the page it gives me syntax errors in the page, i have traced this to syntax errors in the javascript files.. can you help.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi can you direct me to an example. I will be suprised if the error is caused due to errors in the JavaScript files

Thank you

I have the same problem with my web site.

The URL is:

http://EsteroChamber.org

Audrey,
    I have just experienced the same problem with my own site, as shown at the address you provided. After discussion with a colleague we concluded that for some reason (unknown) the navbar info was being read from my hard drive, which I still do not understand, but we cleared all the Temp Files on my harddrive and my Xara Script work first time.
    Worth a try http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/wink.gif
    Brian Easton

I am having the same problem. When you export the webpage, it puts a local path in the code that looks for the images and the .js file.

What do I do now that I have a client expecting updates and I cannot provide her with them.

Very Frustrated!!!