Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

I have been unable to get the photo album/web page created with WS4 to display properly when on a live web site. The background graphics, left column text and graphics, and text all appear correctly, but the navbar is missing, and the album images don't show up. All I get is the default image for one slot. It would appear that the section of the page code where the album is supposed to be doesn't contain a reference to the album that was created, or something like that.

Obviously I got the file directory structure correct or I wouldn't get the default image, and proper background images. I tried moving the index page to the graphics directory, and then everything was missing, so it would appear that the file references are in the right spot. The page is just not bringing up the album or the navbar for whatever reason, although it works fine on my local drive.

The page created does bring up two javascript object errors in IE6 and Netscape 7

Error: Object expected
    Code: 0

<script ID="Webstyle_Template_Init">
    xara_templatesetup(2, 8);

Location of error is at first character of "xara_templatesetup"

and the second error is:

Error: Object expected
    Code: 0

<script ID="Webstyle_Album_Script">
    xara_albumsetup("gbaaronr_files/Photos/", "gbaaronr", "gbaaronr_files/");

Location of error is at first character of "xara_albumsetup"

There has to be another explanation other than "wrong relative file location." I cannot proceed with creating any more web photo albums until this problem is solved obviously.

Javascript is enabled in my browser, and the page works in preview mode, just not when uploaded to the web server.

Thanks,
    ==Paul>

1. You should start your own new thread.
    2. You should tell people where they can view your site and the page with the problem.
    3. I don't have any answers for you sorry.

Regarding my previous post about the javascript object error. With a response telling me to blame my ISP from a conversation with Xara support (it took two weeks to get that), I was able to try an experiment because their comment gave me an idea.

I uploaded the same set of files to another web server running the same web server software. The same page that was broken on my web server worked on the alternate web server.

I checked the "content-type" listing on the server where my album was functioning for .js files. Document mapping was set to application/x-javascript

I checked the "content-type" listing on the server where my album was not functioning for .js files. It was set to wwwserver/shellcgi

I changed my server to application/x-javascript and restarted the web server service. The album immediately started functioning properly.

Just in case someone else runs into a similar error, I thought it was important to share my solution.

==Paul>