Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I'm really not sure exactly how I got the plug-in to work. When I ran the install procedure it identified IE and Netscape on my machine, but not Opera. I figured I'd have to find the Netscape plug-in and move it into the Opera plug-in directory, but I didn't have to. After the install, I realized I hadn't installed Netscape on my computer after my last upgrade, so the plug-in installer must have identified Opera as Netscape. Anyway, I fired Opera up and the plug-in just worked.

I am using the latest Opera 5.10, maybe that made a difference.

Me too I use Opera 5.10. But the only difference is that I still have the Netscape copy of Opera in the folder. This might be it...

Ross,

The violet colored link caught my attention. Happens that our family drove over to Bend, Oregon for the Easter weekend. Very beautiful. Mid 20's in the early a.m. but temperatures rose up the to the 60's by 9 or 10 a.m.

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

John - The links were found quite haphazardly through the colour associations. I just now started following links from the violet link and found the website of an amazing realist painter. Check it out - here's a direct link.

Regards, Ross

PS - I like the Lime link. The guy who created it seems really nice. See his retail site about his business selling pies. It is a good story.

Ross, thanks. Very "classy" stuff. He really has an interesting style of using roundish forms. Then you see his work for Time Mag and its something altogether different.

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

John - Wouldn't it be great to see Alan Magee's work in a DjVu format? The small jpg's clearly don't do his paintings justice. I would love to see closeup details of his work. It seems to me DjVu is a great representational tool for artists to display their creations effectively on the web. That is, let the viewer get a relatively better feel for the true character of the art.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

I downloaded a copy of the LuraTech program and tried it out on several jpgs. It is of interest to me in that you can keep the same formate for moderate compressions. For very high levels of compressionthey have there own format in the same way DjVu does. Makes me wonder which will be the format of choice in a couple of years. And will it matter.
    John