Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Still mulling over the idea of a Real-Draw forum. We're not avoiding it because it may or may not be a competitor to X. Heck, if that were the case, then half of the forums on TG would have been axed ages ago.

My concerns have more to do with the newness of the program. There are a few of you in this forum that quite enjoy the program, but is there a critical mass that exists to keep a dedicated Real-D forum alive? I'd hate to start a new forum and just have it twist in the wind...only getting responses from a handful of people.

Instead of a dedicated Real-D forum, I'm thinking of perhaps a generalised "New Gear" forum where any new product, plugin, toy can be discussed, including Real-D, Z-brush, etc. This type of forum could be seen as an incubator for full-fledged dedicated forums. In other words, once traffic on a particular product/topic builds up, we can move it to its own forum.

Not sure what you guys think of this idea...and of course, at the end of the day, the next new forum will depend on a TG wide vote.

T

Real-Draw, Infinity Textures, Superblade Pro, Swish, KPT5 and 6, Dreamweaver and Fireworks, Real3D, Silverfast, ... can be in one forum untill they are strong enough to get out of this hothouse and have their own place under the sun.

Some of the forums here are already sound asleep, and enthusiasm can cool down after a while.
    After all: after falling in love you have to live together.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Thomas, what ever is fair.

So long as its easy and CLEAR for you when it reaches "critical mass" as to when it qualifies for its own slot.

If its put into this "Miscellaneous Application Holding Pen" will it be possible to keep it organized into its own "Subset"?

While in the MAHP, would it make sense to have an easy to find, permanent cross-link to the app's home discussion group????

Wizaerd Guest

You guys do realize that real-DRAW does in fact have their own forums, right?

Thomas, I support your "New Gear" Forum - good idea!

And Real-DRAW does not really have a forum (yet) on mediachance.com - their forums are only functional for their MulitiMediaBuilder.

K
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

That's a good idea ... have a forum for new or miscellaneous software. That way we wouldn't have to post about some other software, that was just discovered, at the XaraX or other boards ;-)

David K
    www.dkingdesign.com

Wizaerd Guest

thanks for that link Wizaerd..

RealDraw does indeed have its own forums and the messages and quality of uploaded photos I see there is on par with here, but the images are different because its a different tool I guess. But what really gets me is that these new graphics tools (XX, RD, Pixia, Irfanview etc..) are so liberating what they can achieve and the fact they are so cheap.

Bring on the forums!! (Bugger the work..)

<font size="1">"Ahem. 'Q'.. "
    "yes??"
    "GET BACK TO WORK!!"</font>

(Q.)