Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I thought I would never have to think about freelancing until I had some kids and wanted to work from home. But my concern is what is the best thing to do after college? Should I learn the freelancing thing or should I start out in a design studio possibly doing an internship or what?

I don't have any experience as a graphic designer except for my internship which was working on their website. I would like to get into something where I am doing the layout of logos, business cards, etc.

What is the best thing to do with really no experience? Freelancing or going into the field.
    IP

Hi Sarah,

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    what is the best thing to do after college?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Generate an income.

Is that a problem?

What did you learn in college?

What can you do better than anyone else?

What are your dreams?

Just do it!

ENJOY!
    IP

I really appreciate the reply. But as far as if I should freelance or not at a time where the economy is suffering, I don't know about that one. VEry tempting though as a start. Can anyone else give me some expertise on freelancing or working from a design agency. I am really interested in knowing about peoples experiences. Thank you.
    IP