Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

HI Guys i have Xara X but am quite new to creating vector graphics

I am attempting to create a cartwheel/chakra ( the round wheel in the middle of the flag of india)

Any tips on how to achieve this will be really helpful.

Thanks

HI Guys i have Xara X but am quite new to creating vector graphics

I am attempting to create a cartwheel/chakra ( the round wheel in the middle of the flag of india)

Any tips on how to achieve this will be really helpful.

Thanks

If you can post an image of the flag I'm sure we can help you.

If you don't have the image, do a Google search for "flag of India" and I am sure you will come up with an image you can download and post here.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

<a href="http://www.xaraxone.com">
    The Xara Xone </a>

I've created a tutorial in Xara which I've attached. It's been years since I was in Bombay so I did just as Gary suggested above. Hope this helps.
    Egg
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Yogi,

Welcome to the forum. I followed Gary's advice and did a search on Google.

I made a circle then used the colour picker to get the blue of the Chakra, then duplicated the circle. Used the Blend tool to make a 23 step blend of the circles. Made a larger circle, left clicked the no colour fill (cross-hatch on the lower left). Gave the circle line the blue of the Chakra. Selected the blend and the circle outline. Clicked the Blend tool and then clicked the blend along a curve. Converted to editable shapes then ungrouped. Selected the circle outline and adjusted it's size to more closely match the position shown in the flag. Placed another circle in the center, then grouped everything. Created a rectangle (quadrangle) then played with the skew and shift handles to make it more like the elongated shape in the flag. Gave it the blue from the Chakra. Adjusted the rotation of the blue circles, positioned the elongated shape. Clicked it a second time to bring up the skew/shift handles. Moved the center of rotation to the center of the circles then used the rotation handle and rotate the shape around the circles and right click to place a copy where appropriate.

Sounds harder than it was to do. I looked for Gary's tutorial that explains how to use the angle of constraint, but it's late and I'm sleepy so I over looked it somehow. Gary can probably provide the link.

I hope that helps, if not please ask for more information.

Soquili

Eric to the rescue. Looks like Egg beat by time and a much better explaination. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IndiaFlag.jpg 
Views:	247 
Size:	24.3 KB 
ID:	11519  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thank you very much, i am so impressed with this forum and the help you and the pthers that have replied have posted.

All the best

Yogi

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Egg Bramhill:
    I've created a tutorial in Xara which I've attached. It's been years since I was in Bombay so I did just as Gary suggested above. Hope this helps.
    Egg<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>