Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks to all,
    I'll try to explain the texture. Each panel has a rounded bevel and is about 90% black. I then made a clone of the panel (CNTL K) and removed the bevel from that rectangle I applyed a grainy texture to the rectangle and made the colors black and white. I applied an eliptical transperancy and change the type from mix to bleach. Then I backed down the transperency of the center to 76% and left the edges at 100% so you just see the texture in the center of the panel where the lighting is supposably the best.
    As to taking a long time... yes probably 200+ hours for every thing. But I have made a lot of other dials and such so have the technique of snaping copies at fixed angles around a gauge down so that it does not take too long. I try to make these illustrations photo realistic as they often cannot be seen clearly bu the public when they visit. I donot try to make them look aged as I am concerned that I give an acurate representation of what the device "should" look like.
    Any way glade you liked it. Here is the matching receiver.
    John
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	receiver.jpg 
Views:	345 
Size:	154.5 KB 
ID:	2169  

Just one question - not meaning to be rude, but are the words "solenoid" and "filament" really misspelt on the actual radio? Otherwise a great bit of drawing!
    "Communication is everything"

There are a couple of other misspelled words. I noticed that Transmitter is spelled Transmitor. You should probably go thru all of the verbage on the drawing and double check. I can't read it all from your post.

You did an amazing job with this machine!

Great work!!!!!! WOW!! http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/eek.gif

"Wherever you go, there you are."

Randy Allen

XaraXone 2002 Featured Logo Artist

RSA NETWORKS
    "Wherever you go, there you are."
    Randy Allen

Randy Allen Photography

Hmmm. Yes I am a very poor speller. That is why I would like Xara to have a spell checker like Corel (almost the only thing I like about Corel)or an addon spell checker that would work in Xara.
    The curator (Sp?)at Battleship Cove is a very good speller and the drawing all get checked by him. Also the images will be a a much smaller scale so most words will not be readable.
    Oh Well....
    John