Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Beware that installing PageMaker 7 over an installation of Draw 10 will cause the TWAIN capabilities (scanning) of Draw and Photopaint to disappear. You will still be able to scan into Adobe products but not into Corel products.

And neither a reinstall of the scanning software nor a reinstall of the Draw 10 Service Pack nor a refresh using the Draw 10 CD will set things right. Nothing short of an uninstall and reinstall of Draw/Photopaint will work. (The good news is, you do NOT have to delete any directories and you do NOT have to export/import any custom workspaces you may have created.)

Obviously, this does not really make sense and some of you may wonder whether I okayed the deletion of files shared by Corel and Adobe at some point, but in all such cases I said, "no." And I don't know whether the same disaster will happen installing PM7 over Draw 9.

The ability to scan directly into Draw and then use a right-click on the graphic to launch PhotoPaint is, in my opinion, a spectacular time-saver, and perhaps Adobe knows it. This is even more insidious than the way every launching of FreeHand (not merely installing) causes EPS files to become re-associated with FreeHand.
    IP

Beware that installing PageMaker 7 over an installation of Draw 10 will cause the TWAIN capabilities (scanning) of Draw and Photopaint to disappear. You will still be able to scan into Adobe products but not into Corel products.

And neither a reinstall of the scanning software nor a reinstall of the Draw 10 Service Pack nor a refresh using the Draw 10 CD will set things right. Nothing short of an uninstall and reinstall of Draw/Photopaint will work. (The good news is, you do NOT have to delete any directories and you do NOT have to export/import any custom workspaces you may have created.)

Obviously, this does not really make sense and some of you may wonder whether I okayed the deletion of files shared by Corel and Adobe at some point, but in all such cases I said, "no." And I don't know whether the same disaster will happen installing PM7 over Draw 9.

The ability to scan directly into Draw and then use a right-click on the graphic to launch PhotoPaint is, in my opinion, a spectacular time-saver, and perhaps Adobe knows it. This is even more insidious than the way every launching of FreeHand (not merely installing) causes EPS files to become re-associated with FreeHand.
    IP

Thanks Ziggy. I have my upgrade for PM here but I'll wait unitl my customer upgrades before I install it. Appreciate the heads up.
    Pat Gibson

PKGibson, Trainer
    Certified CorelDRAW
    Instructor
    www.sulfurcreek.com
    PKGibson, Trainer
    Certified CorelDRAW
    Instructor
    www.sulfurcreek.com
    IP

Hey Ziggy. Is PageMaker 7 worth upgrading to? Been running 6.52 for what seems like forever here. Tried InDesign yet? A little off topic, but there don't seem to be *any* topics around here [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Craig
    IP