Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi Folks. This is my first visit to your forum. I'm placing a Flash movie on my index page. I want the page to display the opening still picture from my movieClip animation (which is a series of 70 .jpg frames.) I've got the movieClip down to 240 k, but I don't want anyone waiting around for it to play...if they're there for a couple of seconds, hopefully, it will. While this is displaying and folks are making a selection of where to go on the site, the movie loads. It plays twice and stops. I've built an .fla container movie that is 70 frames long (arbitrary.) In the actions layer first frame, there is a frame action, loadMovie. I let the container movie run for 36 frames at 12 fps (3sec). On frame 36, there is a frame action, playMovie. How do I program it to play twice and then stop? Thanks!

...dw
    IP

To messy to read u post and get the full point of it, but. what u need is a preloader, something that will play before the full movie is loaded,
    u can DL loads of tutorials about that, prolly from this site, and form flashkit.com actionscripts.org

and to play the movie twice then stop:
    firtsFrame: play(); timesBeenPlayed=0;
    lastFrame: if(timesBeenPlayed<1){ gotoAndPlay["startFrame");
    timesBeenPlayed++; }
    IP

flubber, the code needs to read:

firstFrame: play(); timesBeenPlayed=0;
    lastFrame: if(timesBeenPlayed<1){ gotoAndPlay[2];
    timesBeenPlayed++; }

otherwise, the script will return the movie to frame 1 and keep resetting timesBeenPlayed to 0.

Endless loop!

Thanks for the script though, it saved my movie!
    IP