Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi.

How do I change the coordinate system so that xyz will be width height and depth respectively?

I've read the included tutorials and the reference files but came up with nothing helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Hi.

How do I change the coordinate system so that xyz will be width height and depth respectively?

I've read the included tutorials and the reference files but came up with nothing helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Tom, whenever you use any view other than the perspective, that's the orientation, relative to your view. I'm not quite sure why they set the perspective to have the Z going up and down. Doesn't make sense to me.

Wings3D has it right.

Dan Huff
    http://home.neo.rr.com/nikko/

Hi Dan, Had no idea you and Nikko were one and the same person! Some very nice things done in Zbrush. Not to mention your 3D Praying Mantis...Wow!

Do you have any pics of your sculpting process....say from armature on up? Some really nice figures you have made. How long from start to finish? Geeees such talent!

Bob C.

Thank you Bob C, for the comps, and yep, Nikko is me...long story Zbrush is a phenomenal program and I can't recommend it highly enough to anyone with an interest in 3D. Just ask Weta, the guys who did the Lord of the Rings movies...

"sculpting process"... Unfortunately, I was too busy learning sculpting to stop and take pictures... I have actually only sculpted a few figures but have accumulated a good deal of knowledge on the subject BEFORE I started, through conversations with very talented artists like Mark Newman, Randy Bowen, Clayton Moore, and the Shifflett Brothers, all several years ago. Those guys shaved a LOT of time off my learning curve! 23 years as a model maker in the tire industry helped refine my eye for details.

As far as time goes, the Alien Thinker took me somewhere between 35-40 hours, but I WAS still learning while doing that.

Unfortunately, I haven't had time to pursue sculpting for the last couple years. Being an economically-displaced worker has forced me to go to college full time in hopes of a mid-life career change Gotta LOVE 3D! HOPE I can find work with it...

Dan Huff
    http://home.neo.rr.com/nikko/