Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Has anyone successfully applied the Xara X patch on a 486? I have an ancient 486 (66MHz), Win95, 20MB RAM, and about 20MB free disk space and a clean install of Xara X 1.0b. I've been using the latest versions of the patch, and it gets to the point where the "patch progress" window appears, but the blue status bar doesn't appear, and the disk just churns for about a minute, before getting the error:

Patch Error: XaraX.hlp:1

I have been able to successfully apply the patch to my Pentium machine, so perhaps I can zip up the entire 1.0c installation there and copy it to the 486. By the way, Xara X 1.0b works fine, although a little slow, on this 486.

Any suggestions on getting the patch to apply on the 486 would be appreciated!

Thanks,
    Bryan

Has anyone successfully applied the Xara X patch on a 486? I have an ancient 486 (66MHz), Win95, 20MB RAM, and about 20MB free disk space and a clean install of Xara X 1.0b. I've been using the latest versions of the patch, and it gets to the point where the "patch progress" window appears, but the blue status bar doesn't appear, and the disk just churns for about a minute, before getting the error:

Patch Error: XaraX.hlp:1

I have been able to successfully apply the patch to my Pentium machine, so perhaps I can zip up the entire 1.0c installation there and copy it to the 486. By the way, Xara X 1.0b works fine, although a little slow, on this 486.

Any suggestions on getting the patch to apply on the 486 would be appreciated!

Thanks,
    Bryan