Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Webstyle 2.1

Has anyone who uses this product ever been able to get a navbar created in it actually on their website?
    I have no problem getting them to work on my computer but the navbars are not embedded into FrontPage for uploading to the server. Numerous emails to support have not resolved this issue for me.
    Any ideas or similar concerns?
    Best Regards

Has anyone who uses this product ever been able to get a navbar created in it actually on their website?
    I have no problem getting them to work on my computer but the navbars are not embedded into FrontPage for uploading to the server. Numerous emails to support have not resolved this issue for me.
    Any ideas or similar concerns?
    Best Regards

macromedia dw for example.

Gee.... thanks for the insightful reply Walker! By the way do you have a couple of hundred bucks you can spare to purchase the macromedia product that you suggested I "TRY"?
    I invested in the FrontPage product and have become very proficient in its use. I quite like it and it works extremely well for me. I purchased the Xara webstyle 2.1 program because of its FrontPage integration feature. But guess what? It doesnt live up to the claim of FP integration. At least for me it doesn't. Hence my question for this forum..has anyone else had any luck with Webstyle 2.1 integration with FrontPage?
    From the other posts I've read in here no one else has had any luck. I get really pissed when I shell out dough for a product that doesnt live up to its claim. It really chaps me when I discover that the deficiency was well known and documented long before I wasted my money on it. When software defects are discovered and not corrected then the continued promotion of a product that doesnt perform becomes touting or a form of false advertising.Perhaps this UK company that is selling its product here in the US should be challenged legally.
    Thoughts anyone?
    Doji

no - as you say works on computer but not on web - infuriating.
    Graham

Ok, I don't really use this app, or make drop downs for that matter... but I have done so in the past via altering free scripts to be found from numerous sites scattered around the web... anyhoo, I am wondering if all the files are transfering, or if you have to go in and move over the .jar file etc... anybody have a take on this?

Geez, I could have posted the same exact words. I too am frustrated with the lack of support..wait.. "0" support from Xara Webstyles. I cannot get my finished project to download on my web page. It might be operater error but without any support how am i to know? I guess that is why im here with you all. Maybe you can lead me in the right direction. My Homestead site can accept HTML and Flash. Im not sure what file from my project to install on the web page..as my project is broken into all the gifs and a few scripts. HELP. tks

Support from Xara is a problem. I live only 15 mins away and have often been tempted to see what happens if I turn up on the doorstep.

As for the original FP problem I have been able to get it to work with webstyle 3.1 like this.

Create your FP site and have all the pages named and saved.

Then create your nav nar in Webstyle and save it to the FP web directory. You then have to manually insert each graphic element into a pages shared border and then select each image and set the hyperlink manually.

I have tried it with the javascript file for the sub menus but that seems to be a bit hit and miss!

Hope that helps a bit.

Mike

so much for it being a easy and fast solution..huh? I guess that is what I must do..thanks all