Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Xara X may be soon to arrive, but until then, and for as long after as the user community finds it valuable, we'll continue to make CorelXARA-related content and resources, such as this discussion forum, available on i/us.

So if you have questions, comments, tips, please feel free to post them here.

Chris Dickman
    i/us
    IP

Xara X may be soon to arrive, but until then, and for as long after as the user community finds it valuable, we'll continue to make CorelXARA-related content and resources, such as this discussion forum, available on i/us.

So if you have questions, comments, tips, please feel free to post them here.

Chris Dickman
    i/us
    IP

Chris

This looks and quacks like a forum should. And as one of the Xara Conference Moderators, I'm honored that the Xara Conference was chosen as the first conference to be refurbished.

Now if we could only filter out that insipid punch the monkey rip off EyeWire Banner. Sheesh, I though punch the monkey was annoying.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Every So Humble...
    IP

Chris, are we going to have all the forums in this new format?

Also the little 3 icons on the lower right. The mouse over text is showing up with half the sentence out of the tan block. It's leaving off the last part of the discreptor. It seem to be doing this for all the mouse overs...

Ww [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]
    IP

Yes, we'll use this for all the forums. The icon text seems okay to me in IE. Anyone else have problems? If so, alas, I don't have the ability to change that.

Chris

IP

Chris,

I'm using Netscape Communicator 4.7 and the description balloons are being cut off in my browser too. (That's the second time in as many weeks I've seen a web page look weird b/c I'm using Netscape ---- grrrr)

Ok, next,

Although I'm starting to see features that are really cute here . . . I think we may run into a problem at least with the talkative visitors to the Xara forum. In the other conference, I can go to a thread that alot of people have posted to and immediately see the subject lines of newest postings in that thread and then click on the posting's hyperlink to get down to see the answer.

There is no tree in this version of the conference. The tree is very important for me. I hate to scroll. And we all know that the visitors to this forum speak up and speak up often. So I can envision where (like in the Xara X logo thread) that a person would have to scroll a long way to get to the newest comment.

I wonder what it would take for the infopop people to accomodate a thread tree at the top just like the other one did. (Mind you, I hate the forums that have a hyperlinked list of postings in a thread and I have to keep reloading a page to read each person's comment. In that respect, this forum/conference is very nice -- all of the postings are on one page.)

I just really miss the postings tree at the top. If you and infopop could bring that back . . . this would be a perfect forum!!!

Athena
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Athena
    Our thoughts are bounded by words. The quality of those thoughts is largely determined by the words that compose them.
    IP

Another thing I'm already missing is the way that the other forum had of allowing you to directly address the person or issue that you intended.

Instead of me having to say,

"This part of my message is to wALDO" and a reader has to scroll back up in case they missed all the important parts of wALDO's posting. Yes, you had to scroll up in the other conference too but if I had been able to tack this on after wALDO's comment, then the other readers would not have to scroll up so far (In the other forum there could be linear comments but the commentary could branch organically like it did in the "What the heck is Lexpore?" topic.)

Maybe I'm just being stubborn . . . or spoiled. . . or a choosy beggar

I recognize that you give this to us for free so I AM grateful but if these issues could be addressed, then this would be THE perfect forum.

Athena

[This message was edited by T. Athena Hatton on August 03, 2000 at 02:24 AM.]
    Athena
    Our thoughts are bounded by words. The quality of those thoughts is largely determined by the words that compose them.
    IP

Gary,

In case you and others didn't know, you can hit the stop button on both Netscape and IE.

The stop button kills obnoxious gif anims dead. Unfortunately, it can't do a thing about obnoxious flash anims.

(hitting the re-load button will bring the ones hard coded to the page back to life, and hitting re-load will often load a new ad at the top of a page with banners.---- as if you had nothing better to do than hit reload and watch the ads cycle -- but could be a way for someone to audit and see how often their ad comes up)

(Sheesh, I hated that obnoxious "hit abe " ad too)

Athena

ps I'm starting to miss not having the "Quote" button. you remember, the one where you could quote from the previous author's posting. . . just spoiled, I guess.
    Athena
    IP

I prefer the tree structure, myself. It's on my list of things to ask the forums developer about. Thanks for your comments.

Chris

IP

Must be a Netscape issue it shows up in version 4 and greater of IE.

One thing I miss from the old forum is the preview option before post. Is it here and I'm missing it? Also, agree that the "tree" view is somehat easier to view and navigate. All in all this software is tight, fast, and easy to use. I hope it can handle the increased load when XaraX is released [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img].

Dave Zubrowski
    Dave Zubrowski
    IP