Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Help Continued

Ok, found a place to upload the image. If anyone could give me any advice on what to do to fix this. I would also like to have the drawers look like they are opening when you mouseover. Any ideas? THANKS!!

http://www.stgeorgesteel.com/justie/index.html

This is kind of a complicated thing to do. I'd make the file cabinet objects first. Don't merge with the base image. Then manually slice it between the drawers, leaving space within each slice to the right for the open drawer mouseover state. Hit Ctrl+D to make a copy of the sliced page. Now you can edit the drawer objects to extend out to the right as if they were open. Save both images with File, Save for Web, As HTML.

There's two ways to create the rollovers. One is to open up your first page in your HTML editor and then do a rollover using the corresponding image from the drawer open image. For example, in Dreamweaver or FrontPage, it's easy to do a rollover this way. Both the closed and open drawer images are the same size because of the way you sliced it.

As far as doing this in PI8, it could be done, but it is complicated and probably would require a whole tutorial, instead of what I can do here. You'd save the second page with the open drawers as HTML. Then go back to the first image with the closed drawers and select a drawer cell with the slice tool's Pick tool. In the Slice Panel, create a rollover using the Script Effects, using the open drawer images you'd saved previously to a folder on your hard drive.

Stephanie's PhotoImpact Tutorials
    PhotoImpact 8 and 7 Classes

Here's the file cabinet. It could be split into two images and each assigned a mouseout and mouseover position. That way on mouseover the file drawer would open whether it was the upper or lower drawer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fileCab.gif 
Views:	214 
Size:	12.7 KB 
ID:	2081  
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode

The attached file has the proper mouseovers and mouseouts. It is ready for hyperlinks. What do you think, Stephanie? Basically your reply got me to thinking how to do this and it worked pretty well. After the .ufo file with all objects is saved I merged and made 50% copies of the top drawer in two states, open and closed and the bottom drawer, open and closed. I set all the images in a table with the top drawer in one cell and the bottom in the other and applied the mouseover effects to each. This may not be what Justieb had in mind, however.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode