Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

At first glance, I am completely floored with the results. As we may (or may not) know, up-sampling is far more problematic than down-sampling. I can see where it can save one's ass now and again. Case in point - I have to upsample digital photos for (full color) print taken with a cheapo' digital camera. I downloaded the demo and tried it. On one example, I upsampled from 150 to 300 dpi and enlarged the size slightly mainaining aspect ratio. Fanastic ... beats the crap out of a "blind"-bicubic approach to reading images. I'm as amazed at the method as I am happy the technolgy exists. I really need this nifty app - I intend to buy it shortly.

Kudos to them, and to Klaus for bringing it to our attention here.

Wayne

for the lead. I mentioned to the folks at Shortcut about your recommendation.

I just got it installed and registered when a half hour later someone sent me a low res topographic map that needed to be enlarged. Two minutes later ... job done and it looked pretty good considering the original jpg had some compression artifacts in it.

Thanks for the heads up here...we will most certainly give this a go.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Hey Hey,

I just tried S-Spline and it's ok, but it still blurred my photo's. Not as much as the other enlarging apps I have tried but, still, it didn't display clarity. Maybe it was the fact it was a demo, dunno.

Take Care. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    RJ (The Postman) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I just got bought it online, and it is the best I've seen in my 20+ years in computers 15 in digital imaging).

Thanks for recomending it.

I needed it sorely for current jobs.

Enrique Geiger
    enriqg@aol.com

I downloaded the program and played with it about 5 minutes and then bought it. Quite often I do layouts for customers based on images that I am told to take off the Internet until customer can supply better images of both pictures or logos. This program will make initials layout look much better than before. I am very impressed with the output quality and absolute ease of use. No learning curve.

Gary Allred
    www.theoriginalorg.com

With all the people buying S-Spline due to me, I should really be getting a commission from the developer!

K
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/
    www.klausnordby.com/xara
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

I bought S-Spline the day you made the original post. I don't make my living from graphics, but it has been adventagious when cropping the pics sent to me by friends and family.

Thanks!!

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

I just bought it too. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>