Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Export problems

I'm stuck (yet again!). Am trying to export an image as a gif, undernoted is the result! Have checked out the help files and as far as I know tried everything but whatever I try some of the lines are missing...if you follow what I mean!

Will also attach the .xar file in the hope that one of you kind people can help me out.

Thanks.

Mags

I don't believe it! It has came out okay but in the export preview box it doesn't...oh...the mind (small that it is!) boggles even more. Maybe no one can help after all as the problem isn't evident here (although here is the only time it is showing as it should)...will post the .xar file incase anyone can explain what is happening
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	problem.gif 
Views:	292 
Size:	8.6 KB 
ID:	3533  

I'm stuck (yet again!). Am trying to export an image as a gif, undernoted is the result! Have checked out the help files and as far as I know tried everything but whatever I try some of the lines are missing...if you follow what I mean!

Will also attach the .xar file in the hope that one of you kind people can help me out.

Thanks.

Mags

I don't believe it! It has came out okay but in the export preview box it doesn't...oh...the mind (small that it is!) boggles even more. Maybe no one can help after all as the problem isn't evident here (although here is the only time it is showing as it should)...will post the .xar file incase anyone can explain what is happening

have just discovered that the .xar file is too big to post.

will attach a screenshot of the export problem
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screen.gif 
Views:	271 
Size:	7.6 KB 
ID:	13810  

I have experienced this problem once before, and to be honest I am not sure how it resolved itself. The one thing that I know I tried and have used almost everytime since is under the Dithering drop-down box, I selected "error difusion". I don't believe that this is what the option is for, but it did correct the problem and I haven't seen it since.

Hope this helps,
    Chris

I think your problem is that you are viewing your image in the export dialogue box at 56% (at least you are in your screen grab. Your exporting it at 100% so the missing lines magically re-appear. Just view the export window at 100% and use the hand icon to move around the image to search for faults.
    Hope this helps
    Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Egg, that should have been obvious to me! Now we know the reason you are a moderator and I am not!

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Chris

Chris and Egg

Oops, hadn't realised the size I was viewing the image at, it was so that I could see the whole image, will use the hand icon and see whats showing.

Thanks.

Mags

...and I'll keep the error diffussion in mind too

AFAIK, all the previews in X use a simple 'nearest pixel' algorithm for showing reduced size versions of bitmaps. If your image is viewed at 20%, say, X will use every 5th pixel from the original and ignore the other 4. Hence a large portion of the image can be totally ignored, but this is common practice and normally doesn't matter. More sophisticated algorithms take some sort of average of adjacent pixels to give a better overall appearance, however the preview may not then contain any of the original colours.

Regards - Sean
    Regards - Sean