Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

DollFace, I was replying to JoeWebb1. By that I mean my comments were tailored to his points, and whilst you may not feel it answers your questions or reflects your views, I did feel it was an appropriate reply for his post.

I still maintain though, that what is advertised on the site is exactly what you get. Nowhere does it infer that you get more, or will get more. If you didn't know about that template pack, I'm sure you'd be happy with your current selection. You wouldn't think you were missing templates because it's totally everything you need in there. Extra templates are just for people who want more lalter on down the road.

However, I can certainly see your point about the $ signs, and I will pass this on to our technical team as a feature suggsestion.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.
    IP

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>And Dollface Your candor is essential. A complaining customer is a good thing; better than one who's given up and gone away.

toprobroy: I will certainly check out the other site you mentioned for themes, I appreciate the headsup. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

FP User.

As the Web Designer and taking into account your support for my suggestion, can you tell us what exactly will you do about this suggestion.
    Will you put a timescale on it please?

Thanks
    IP

http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/wink.gif toprobroy

I am not an Xara Employee.

When I said this "toprobroy: I will certainly check out the other site you mentioned for themes, I appreciate the headsup." I was meaning that I was going to look at the other site for my own benefit. At some point in the future I might want to take advantage of that website. I've scoped it out vs another similar site and the one you recommend has a lot for the money.
    IP

joewebb1:

http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif How to Get rid of $$ on Templates http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

First: If you had installation problems you might not want to do this at all. For those brave enough, here is my suggestion. Remember you may have the same problems again.

Second: This is a concept I didn't have to do this. When I installed I did not press the button for product updates, because I read about it here. Thanks for the heads up.

1. Backup your projects folder if you want to retain your work. (Someone else can tell us how)

2. Completely remove webstyle.

3. ensure all templates/graphics are gone.

4. Reinstall the product/trial.

5. Unlock the product. Click on the arrow that is at the bottom of one of the graphics. For me this downloaded all the graphics.

6. I have the product with none of the extra $$s becauce I never pressed that button for update the product.

Now perhaps Xara can just show me all the new graphics available on a seperate webpage, because I am not going to be clicking on that button. I don't want to see those graphics that I won't order and can't get rid of over the next four years.

I feel lucky my installation went as smooth as silk.
    IP

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I am not an Xara Employee.

When I said this "toprobroy: I will certainly check out the other site you mentioned for themes, I appreciate the headsup." <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay...but is there anyone on this thread/Forum who can comment and act upon my suggestion?

Anyone? http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/eek.gif
    IP

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I still maintain though, that what is advertised on the site is exactly what you get. Nowhere does it infer that you get more, or will get more. If you didn't know about that template pack, I'm sure you'd be happy with your current selection. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's just my point, we DO know about it because you've embedded it right into the software, it's hard not to know about it. But that really isn't even the issue. I'm getting the feeling that I'm going to have to uninstall my program and re-download the trial to prove my point! Yes, it's true that your "site" doesn't say we'll be getting anything more then what we got BUT in the trial version of the software all of the templates have a $$ next to them (with the exception of a few for trial purposes) and it specifically says that once we purchase the full version, all the templates will be made available. Once we bought it, yes they were all there but many had $$ next to them and are available to me only if I buy them. To me, I consider that misleading information. "All templates will be Available": to us meant they would be included in the purchase. "All templates will be available" to you guys meant they would be available at an additional price. It's misleading! Whatever way you look at it or try to justify it, the fact remains that you have many angry customers who believed they would be getting ALL TEMPLATES AVAILABLE!! Whatever you say won't change that and proves my point that you guys (not you necessarily) mislead us to believe we were getting soemthing more then what we really got. Otherwise you wouldn't have so many people complaining about the same issue. And again, it doesn't help to flash them in our face all the time. You should have a module store or something where customers can go and shop for new template packs, if they choose to do so. OR better yet, update the template selection and provide them for free. I know of over 100 designers that would probably donate at least one template each to Xara absolutly free. Just go to templatemonster.com or freewebtemplates.com, Hundreds of designers upload their work everyday and allow people to download it absolutly free. I'm sure you can find a couple of people to do the same for Xara. There's a solution to every problem, you just have to be willing to find it.

DF
    IP

DollFace - they have sloppy marketing. I agree with everything you say in principal.

If you see my post above. I just bought the software, I got every single template as marked in the demo. I don't have any with $ on them anymore. If I click on the button at the top right that says update webstyle, I'm going to get the template pack samples with $$ on them.

So you don't have to redo everythig to prove your point. But again check my point. You may want to do your install like I did to get the $$ out of your face.
    IP

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>You may want to do your install like I did to get the $$ out of your face. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Thanks for the advice, I will try that out! Although seeing the $$ isn't a big deal, it get's to be annoying especially when you don't realize you are selecting a paid template and end up with the pop-up!!
    Thanks again!

DF
    IP

The only problem with that is IF they update the core software you would miss out on that by never pressing the update button.

Sorry, but UPDATE to me implies somthing other than a teaser catalog built into my list of templates.
    IP

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Sorry, but UPDATE to me implies somthing other than a teaser catalog built into my list of templates. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I totally get that you are more concerned with the bug fixes and all but the templates are still really important since that's essentially why we bought the software in the first place! The bug fixes and software "updates" as it means to you, should come automatically. It goes without saying or at least it should!

DF
    IP