ha ha ha, will remember that wrench is a guy thing next time I need to do an adjustment!
If you had read my posts, you would know that I had been unable to use the version 4 because of the problems I had with it, until very recently. It isnt fun when you upgrade from something you have used and trusted since version 2 to what was suppose to be a marvelous new product...Nor is it acceptable to just sit back and accept a faulty cdrom as well as a fault filled piece of software and then to be totally ignored by support. My voices don't care, but I do! When I pay for something and it does not deliver or work as stated, then I demand answers...basically never got the answers I should have. To make the entire event even more annoying, I read right here in this very forum that a member was given the templates free as a way of making up for all the problems he had with version 4!
May I ask what email you sent to support at xara? What are they working on that may never come? High level of dersire to do what? Work on their never answering support requests!
Yes I brought the software, but no, I wont be using it until I have very single bug sorted...Happily use my old version, tried and trusted. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif