Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

I just purchased WebStyle 4 a few weeks ago and have already been told that I have to pay $19.95 for an update. Does anyone else find this bad business?

I would have expected at least a year of free updates. So much for expectations!
    IP

I just purchased WebStyle 4 a few weeks ago and have already been told that I have to pay $19.95 for an update. Does anyone else find this bad business?

I would have expected at least a year of free updates. So much for expectations!
    IP

This is not an update to the software, just a few more templates. And yes I am upset too.
    But I am more upset about not recieving the CDs, I bought this product around Feb 21. I sent an e-mail to xara asking if the CDs could be re-sent. I got a reply saying the CDs were sent when the order was placed. No answer to the question, they just told me what I already knew. (The CDs were returned undelverable according to my account info at xara, that's what prompted the email to begin with)

The templates are not worth anything IMHO. They are virtually un-editable (layout wise)in an html editor, you can edit them but don't expect to change anything on the page in xara again after that. I have stopped using xara templates all together, and just use some of the individual elements (lucky for me I know how to layout a webpage, those that don't will have to be content with what xara wants, and to hell with thier clients.) You notice xara advertising claims "Anyone" can create stunning web pages. That is true, also note there is not one word about "Anyone" modifing the layout to satisfy the customer, that would be for coders only.

There is NO support at xara as far as I can tell. A letter to support results in a relpy, that they don't have time to answer the question and list of resource, which I have already seen, that do not have the answers.

To Xara,
    If I do not get answers, I am not leaving this forum, and you WILL be very tired of me before this is over. I AM the squeekiest wheel and I will be oiled. (as if xara actually reads this forum) I have been through many beta tests and the last company ended up giveing me double software if I would just "go eaiser in the support forum). After all, this is the place your email refers your customeers to when you "don't have time". The solution is simple. Someone at xara should monitor this forum. I have been here everyday for 2 weeks, it doesn't take very much time and even I have been able to help others. Just think how much more help it would be to have someone who actually knows the software and has access to the developers.
    My estimate is less than 1 hour a day 5 days a week, and every question posed here would have had a resolution. There are unanswed posts dating back before the currnt version release date, shameful indeed.

My apologies to the rest of you who read these posts. I just want an answer. Until I get one you wiil continue to see my name all over this forum. Also a very loud "Thank You" to all those who have helped others here. I have learned much just reading your posts.
    IP

I'm even MORE upset now! New purchasers are now not only getting all the templates they expect me to pay twice for but they are also throwing in the FontCD +

Besides a buggy program this company has absolutely NO concern for existing clients.

This new template release came out with a month of my purchase and still they charge for it.

I hate dealing with money grubbing companies. We expect them to make a profit but this is highway robbery!

I would not recommend this company to anyone.

If they keep adding $$ templates, the choices will be overrun by those marked with $$.

At least give me the option of NOT SHOWING templates I don't have!

I would prefer the option of a full refund!
    IP

i dont think a company of any magnitude would be able to assist a customer with little or no competence.
    IP

My own experience was that I persevered over some 6-8 months i think it was now.

In the end I got the software working, though not with all the templates. They accepted there are a few bugs which in some cases, they still don't have the answer.

But in fairness, I was offered a refund, or for Free, the extra templates. I took the latter and have got some stuff working as I want it to.

Frustrated...yes...and not having more templates which I might even pay a little for, but I wish they get some developer on the case to start making more. Even open it up to some outside programmer who can do this for free. I'm sure someone would like to gain that experience and offer it to existing customers if they want.
    IP

I just bought Xara's Webstyle 4 and have never been so disappointed. I definitly would not recommend this company or it's products to anyone. I find it disgusting that they advertise having 1600 templates available and even showcase them in the trial version but once you puchase the software you only end up with about 10. The rest are titled "new" and require you to pay an additional $20 for each. That is false advertising and plain robbery.

We might as well buy a professional templates from a real designer for $5- $25. It's hassel free and it even costs us less.

I also think it's unfair that we have to have a link in our naviagtion menus back to Xara. I paid for this software in full and don't think I should be required to provide a link back to their site. That's ridiculous. Had I known this, I would have never thought twice about buying this software. It's absolutely ridiculous!

I previously purchased Xara 3D and have found it useless which is why this time I actually blame myself! I should have known better. Screw me once, shame on you. Screw me twice, shame on me!!!

Sincerely,
    An unsatisfied Customer!!
    IP

Besides, nothing in this software works properly!! That's the absolute worst part.
    IP

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DollFace:
    I just bought Xara's Webstyle 4 and have never been so disappointed.

I definitly would not recommend this company or it's products to anyone.

I find it disgusting that they advertise having 1600 templates available and even showcase them in the trial version but once you puchase the software you only end up with about 10.

The rest are titled "new" and require you to pay an additional $20 for each. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didnt have to pay $20 for each template. Try clicking on update webstyle causing your templates to be retrieved and installed.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>That is false advertising and plain robbery.

We might as well buy a professional templates from a real designer for $5- $25. It's hassel free and it even costs us less.

I also think it's unfair that we have to have a link in our naviagtion menus back to Xara.

I paid for this software in full and don't think I should be required to provide a link back to their site. That's ridiculous.

Had I known this, I would have never thought twice about buying this software. It's absolutely ridiculous! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This implies that the menus you are creating have been created with a trial version of webstyle and not the purchased version. Its fair to have a moan but lets try helping ourselves before we do! try downloading your templates by clicking on update webstyle and entering the details of the account from which the product was purchased

[post edited by AF to sort formatting problems]
    IP

B]Bb2: [/B] What is the truth about the templates?
    How many templates did you get with the product?
    How many templates work?
    How many more templates do you get for 19.95?
    IP