Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hello.

I have a question I hope can be answered.
    How can I make a layout which is consitent from the main page to every other page on the site?

I was told CSS might do the trick, but I don't know for sure. If so, point me in the right direction please.

Thank you.

GK
    IP

Hello.

I have a question I hope can be answered.
    How can I make a layout which is consitent from the main page to every other page on the site?

I was told CSS might do the trick, but I don't know for sure. If so, point me in the right direction please.

Thank you.

GK
    IP

Hi GK...

I'm afraid you're going to have to be a bit more specific. When you say consistent layout are you talking about the overall design, the elements within the design or the text layout within the design?

With the first, the use of like-graphics, colour schemes etc. and the judicious use of a template will give you consistency.

With the next, while it can be controlled through CSS, you'll likely run into browser compatibility problems. It is more easily dealt with through the use of tables at this point.

And the last is very easily dealt with using CSS.

For a good explanation of CSS : http://www.intranetjournal.com/artic...0010/pcas.html

And the tutorial: http://www.intranetjournal.com/artic...utorial1a.html

cfn ... Jen
    Jen Worden
    Web Developer
    www.meadoworks.com
    cfn ... Jen

Jen Worden
    Web Developer
    www.meadoworks.com
    IP

is to make a basic page, and then use "save as" to copy it with another name. You can even make subdivisions and add more and more elements as you go on. example:

Suppose you need to make 20 pages, 5 with the content ABD, five with ABE, five with ACF, and five with ACG.

You see that they all contain the elements described by A. So you "save as" 2 pages with A.
    To the first one you add content B, and "save as" 2 pages AB, and you do the same for content C.

Then you add D to the first AB page, and "save as" 5 times with the specific names, and so on, and so on.

This is very basic, and of course CSS is far more sophisticated etc, etc, but it works well and saves you lots of time compared to making each page separately.

If you use a Wysiwyg, you have the possibility to use templates.

If you don't work against time, time often works for you.
    IP

Okay. I was aiming at making a site with an overall web design. I hope I was not confusing [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

But now for simplicties sake, all I believe I have to do is to follow what Mr. Heyninck suggested. Make one page as a template and add content for the additional pages.

I believe I am back on track now. THANK YOU for the support [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

BTW, the url for my page is at www.gking2000.org .

GK
    IP

I've been using Front Page for about 2 years now and have discovered that the themes are a great way to keep a consistant look to your website and give you the flexibilty to change any aspect of the design from the navigation buttons right down to the defaut text font.

The program takes a bit of learning but well worth it.

Cat =^..^=
    IP