Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

How did this topic get a 5 star rating?
    Was it based on the great answers and helpfulness?

Michelle [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    IP

Hi Michelle,
    As Monty Python would say:<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>sorry <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Wasn't having a joke at your expense. Just a snide reference to my "Some things just won't print" thread.
    You have found a terrific forum. Lots of helpful people and VERYknoledgeable moderators.
    If you can get to the Archives (old forum threads), check out the Xara3D thread where Luciano got the program to do things we didn't know could be done. A fine example of human cooperation.
    Some of us are chatty (hi Athena). There may be an ocassional flamer, and I am sort of a troublemaker. I try to push programs until they get squirly or fail. I think we only learn when things go wrong, but Xara is quite robust. It is written, I believe, in machine language by a group of Englishmen trapped in a stately home.

Welcome to the group. Check out Gary's tutorials; and support i-us if you can. If it weren't for Chris Dickman, this forum wouldn't exist.
    Regards,,,,,Tad.... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

ps. The stars change because I keep re-rating the post...t
    IP

I guess you have to get to know me that I am a joker. I was not offended by what you guys said. Just wanted in on what was funny. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Thank you for the welcome to the board. I hope I can contribute in some way as I am just learning about Xara. I have since heard this is an older program and a new one will be out soon. I have to catch up on this one first! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Michelle
    IP

Hi Michelle!

Welcome to the Xara forum indeed! Gary Priester's tutorials (at i-us) and the Xara movies (on the CD) are also really great places to get started with Xara.

Tad is right about many things (of course, there are many things he's probably wrong about too [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] ).

He's right that this Xara forum is one of the best forums in existence. The forum members are friendly, intelligent, and helpful.

But Tad is modest.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> and I am sort of a troublemaker. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

sort of? I'd bet Trouble is his middle name! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Still, Tad speaks the truth when he gives credit to Chris Dickman. From the Corel Draw Journal, to CorelNet, to I-US, Chris is the King of Compelling Content.

So if you end up finding this Xara forum fun or useful, lots of credit goes to the visitors like Tad, you, and me, but the bulk of the credit goes to Chris Dickman and Gary Priester for keeping this place a compelling place to visit. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Athena

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

hmmm Tad may be right about some people being chatty too. . .what a way to be remembered. . . oh well, maybe it's their style. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    Athena
    Our thoughts are bounded by words. The quality of those thoughts is largely determined by the words that compose them.
    IP

Hi Athena,

Say, I notice that you have not put your picture in your user profile . Don't be shy, I put mine in.
    Plus, the goddess of wisdom and arts shouldn't leave us in the dark.
    (Come on ducks, give us a look.)

Regards........Tad

ps. How did you know my middle name?...
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    IP

Hi Athena! Thanks so much for the nice welcome! And to comment on your being chatty. God gave us women the gift of gab. lol So we can go on for hours and hours about a speck of dust. Well so my hubby says.. hehehe [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] So it is not OUR fault. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Michelle
    IP