Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Today I created another graphic image I call "Good Morning".
    The girl took me about 1 and half hour to do (why people do have hair!), the rest was just quick breeze.
    Hope you like it and you don't find it offensive. If so I will remove it and look at it by myself.

http://www.mediachance.com/realdraw/...dmorningsm.jpg

(In this version I used a color correction on the girl to bond here more into the background colors)

[This message was edited by Oscar on April 26, 2001 at 12:08 PM.]

Today I created another graphic image I call "Good Morning".
    The girl took me about 1 and half hour to do (why people do have hair!), the rest was just quick breeze.
    Hope you like it and you don't find it offensive. If so I will remove it and look at it by myself.

http://www.mediachance.com/realdraw/...dmorningsm.jpg

(In this version I used a color correction on the girl to bond here more into the background colors)

[This message was edited by Oscar on April 26, 2001 at 12:08 PM.]

Are you telling me you drew that woman in Real Draw [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] ... wow ... very nice ...uh ... lighting [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Seriously ... I'm impressed and didn't realize that type of image could be attempted. I'll try a different approach for a test.

David King
    www.dkingdesign.com

Oscar - Very nice drawing, I like the composition. I hope to have enough talent someday to draw something similar.

Soquili [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

This is because of the different approach I used. The woman is in fact done with 6 vector objects. RD allows you to paint with brushes onto the vector object - so the vector object holds the shape and the brushes create the shading. Paint some shadow on object below, some different shadow on object on top and you have transition - see the shading, yet you have sharp edges. Then you can bond the objects with clone options for example.
    Once you learn this trick, it is easy to create nice stuff.
    The hair was done by similar method as Big Frank used but on vector object - painted first with dark, then I used a brush from Live Painters 2 set with lights colors. Then painted hair shadow on the back of the girl. To make the transition I converted the hair to bitmap and paint a transparency on the lower part. (Now this I probably shouldn't do and leave it as a vector- but now it is too late) I packaged the girl and sized down for the image and applied a light on it. You can probably apply also a non-destructive color correction on package to get her out of the red a bit. The rest was easy a 5 objects with different textures and some large light as a sun.

I was lazy to plug Wacom Pen partner so I was brushing with mouse - some of the transitions are not as good as they could be.

I will later post also the project file for people to look how it was done.

[This message was edited by Oscar on April 24, 2001 at 01:46 PM.]