Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: redirect links

Hello,

First off, I hope no one is getting aggravated with me. But I think I'm coming closer to figuring out away around my problem.

This is a request to HTML gurus.

You know how you can make a link to redirect you to a new link?

And you know how you can make rotating ad banners?

Well if I could combine those two functions with a webpage I think I'd be set.

Would it be possible to make a URL that only I would know, and this URL would redirect a visitor to rotating webpages.

For instance: One visitor would click on a link that took them to www.mypage1.com but the next visitor who clicked would be taken to www.mypage2.com. Also, is there an additional way to make whichever page is not being used, locked out.

Meaning: kind of mimicking a secure server. The only page you can get to is the one the link goes to. All other pages will be inaccessable(even if someone wrote down that particular URL)?

Does anyone think this would work? Or do you have a better idea that would produce a similar effect?

Sincerely,

-Giantsquid

Hello,

First off, I hope no one is getting aggravated with me. But I think I'm coming closer to figuring out away around my problem.

This is a request to HTML gurus.

You know how you can make a link to redirect you to a new link?

And you know how you can make rotating ad banners?

Well if I could combine those two functions with a webpage I think I'd be set.

Would it be possible to make a URL that only I would know, and this URL would redirect a visitor to rotating webpages.

For instance: One visitor would click on a link that took them to www.mypage1.com but the next visitor who clicked would be taken to www.mypage2.com. Also, is there an additional way to make whichever page is not being used, locked out.

Meaning: kind of mimicking a secure server. The only page you can get to is the one the link goes to. All other pages will be inaccessable(even if someone wrote down that particular URL)?

Does anyone think this would work? Or do you have a better idea that would produce a similar effect?

Sincerely,

-Giantsquid

If I needed to do this, I would do it in PHP or ASP.

www.bricksandbrass.co.uk
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk