Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Has GA been abandoned for Flash? Are there no more people out there that care to use Gif Animator? Or are you too embarrassed to still be using animated Gifs?

What's up with GA4...any 5 on the way?

Is there a better product out there for gif animations than GA4?
    IP

Has GA been abandoned for Flash? Are there no more people out there that care to use Gif Animator? Or are you too embarrassed to still be using animated Gifs?

What's up with GA4...any 5 on the way?

Is there a better product out there for gif animations than GA4?
    IP

Hi Thomas,

I just downloaded the GA 5 upgrade. I've had it since version 3.
    Have not installed it yet but plan to use it with my newly acquired Xara X software. Xara
    has a decent animation capability but Ulead's GA has some very nice features and new exports too!
    IP

Good to hear from you Bob! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Let me know what you think of GA5. I used to work with Ulead and lead development for GA3 and GA4. I still have a soft spot in my heart for those products.

I'd be really interested in learning what developments have taken place since GA4 and if you really like the new bells and whistles.

Cheers,

T
    IP

I think Gifs are better that flash much of the time. Flash puts so much more garbage in the visitor's cache and temp files (don't these fill up enough already?), not everyone has an up to date computer that can handle it, it's a pain to have to download stuff so you can see some folks websites, and they get annoying waiting for these intros to finish so you can get the info you are looking for.

Sledgehammers have their use but not as fly swatters.

Sharon P.
    www.fischerpassmoredesign.com
    IP

Flash SUCKS! I started out using a Demo of Ulead Gif 3, now I bought a ulead gig5 and Im loving it!attepted to use flash and its a pain in the ass! If you dont mind Id like to plug this other website that I know ALOT of users use the Ulead Programs to make there Signature Pictures on tis message Board <a href="ronfez.net">
    IP

hmmmm...I do know if I would agree with you re- Flash sucks... I feel that there is a place for Flash, as there is for Gif animations, jpeg's etc...

Having said this, I also feel that Ulead's Gif Animator is one kick butt product, second to none... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Have fun folks... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    IP