Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I was reading Ross' post about two centipedes colliding and (apart from wondering what he was drinking at the time [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ) thought it might be a good idea to do a choo choo animation. Well at least part of one anyway

--
    Big Frank was
    Last edited by Big Frank; 16 April 2009 at 12:22 PM.
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

I was reading Ross' post about two centipedes colliding and (apart from wondering what he was drinking at the time [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ) thought it might be a good idea to do a choo choo animation. Well at least part of one anyway

--
    Big Frank was
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

I like it. Frank, could you share the "speed" settings for the frames?

Hi Big Frank,

Very nice animation! I like the colour scheme as well.

Soquili [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I like it. Frank, could you share the "speed" settings for the frames? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

John

You can download the GIF animation and import it into Xara's Animation window and see all the settings.

Oh, and BF, cool animation. Did you scan the wheel? ;-)

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Rarely So Humble...

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Big Frank - I must admit I was drinking (a fine German "Holsten" - I love those German purity laws!). I don't believe I wrote anything about "two centipedes colliding". I like centipedes! When I lived in Bermuda I discovered a rare centipede living under the seat of my 60cc Honda scooter. The species was believed to have been extinct for 40 years. Anyways what I was talking about wasn't a collision. Rather I was thinking if the animation was repeated on a web page, the centipedes could appear to be marching across the page.

Regards, Ross

PS - How about colliding trains? Now that would be interesting!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> could you share the "speed" settings for the frames? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As Gary has spotted, the frames are 10ms each so I can't account for the sudden erratic speed unless the driver was drinking the same dodgy Holsten ross is so fond of! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Did you scan the wheel? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You naughty, naughty man. Don't make me draw you a special smiley as well! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I must admit I was drinking (a fine German "Holsten" - I love those German purity laws!) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, you don't mean those old Aryan purity laws, do you? You know you can start a war that way [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I love doing animations, and this is the best forum for them. There's little room for such stuff in commercial websites these days and since Mark G told us the workaround for the X1.0c animation bug I have enjoyed getting them right again for the first time in months! I was surprised this animation came out at just 38Kb.

--
    Big Frank was
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

I must reply! I don't know exactly what "dodgy" means but let me assure you that Holsten is a fine brew that should not be subjected to any form of insult. The German Purity Law of 1516 forbids German brewers of using anything but water, malt, and hops in their beer. Compare that with North American beer which allows a few hundred "additives" which don't have to be identified on the labels! I don't know the state of UK beers but after reading on your (Big Frank's) website about the UK definitions of "free range eggs", I have doubts about the wholesomeness of your exported UK beer. I choose to avoid it - just in case it might harm me [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Regards, Ross

PS - Don't drink and drive.

Ross

Us Essex boys love nothing better than messing with cars, Essex girls and model trains.

Egg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!ani_train_crash.gif 
Views:	264 
Size:	93.3 KB 
ID:	10897  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Heres an image of the 2 brushes I used to create the animation.
    Egg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	train_brush.jpg 
Views:	259 
Size:	32.4 KB 
ID:	9136  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host