Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: SP2 for CD9

I downloaded, restarted and tried to install service pak 2. All that happened was a splash screen and click 'ok'. I clicked 'ok' and nothing happened other than the splash screen disappearing, then back to my desktop. The downloaded file is Gr9sp2en.exe 38,679KB. I paused my Norton AV and window's scheduler. Don't know for sure what I'm doing wrong. Trying to go from CD9.337. Even moved the .zip file to the Corel folder and tried running it again. Same results = nothing after the splash screen/ok button.
    IP

I downloaded, restarted and tried to install service pak 2. All that happened was a splash screen and click 'ok'. I clicked 'ok' and nothing happened other than the splash screen disappearing, then back to my desktop. The downloaded file is Gr9sp2en.exe 38,679KB. I paused my Norton AV and window's scheduler. Don't know for sure what I'm doing wrong. Trying to go from CD9.337. Even moved the .zip file to the Corel folder and tried running it again. Same results = nothing after the splash screen/ok button.
    IP

I don't have 9 on my computer any more so I can't try to duplicate your procedure. I do not recall any problems installing the update. But I generally use safe mode to install Corel updates. Is it possible the update was installed but it happened so fast you couldn't see the process? Have you checked to see if your version of 9 is now what the update was supposed to make it?
    IP

Yes snowman, I did check it and still the older version. I'll try the safe mode thingy you suggest. Thank you.
    IP