Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

As far as I can tell, the spray-can painter in PSP works far better than Photoshop7 does. PSP seems to spray-paint in a totally different way than Photoshop. PSP paints points one pixel at a time rather than all at once (this makes it easier to gradually fade/mix colors), and randomly inside the brush instead of the exact same pattern each time (I note that in PS, if you hesitate even a moment while painting/erasing, it burns the brush outline into the image--PSP don't do that). It seems much easier to paint gradients in PSP than Photoshop, but I don't know if I've just not found a setting or not....Is this possible?
    IP

As far as I can tell, the spray-can painter in PSP works far better than Photoshop7 does. PSP seems to spray-paint in a totally different way than Photoshop. PSP paints points one pixel at a time rather than all at once (this makes it easier to gradually fade/mix colors), and randomly inside the brush instead of the exact same pattern each time (I note that in PS, if you hesitate even a moment while painting/erasing, it burns the brush outline into the image--PSP don't do that). It seems much easier to paint gradients in PSP than Photoshop, but I don't know if I've just not found a setting or not....Is this possible?
    IP

With any program you need to learn all the variables in order to use it well. With Photoshop's airbrush tool you can do a lot with the transparency setting and brush type, among other settings.

I haven't used PSP for years. While its tools seem more intuitive, PS's tools are usually deeper, with more settings that you can play with to get the result you want.

Generally speaking Photoshop is slower to learn and use but has much more flexibility. It just takes some time to familiarize yourself with all the things you can do with it.

Photoshop Gurus Website

:::::EDIT:::::
    i just corrected that url Dale. It's .info not .com [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

http://talkgraphics.infopop.net/1/Op...&ul=1101906325
    Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll

[This message was edited by Mark (theKeeper) on December 08, 2002 at 17:45.]
    IP