Well, I must admit, this application has quickly earned my respect. I can't seriously try to learn it using the demo, as it doesn't have support for pen/tablets. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] Lack of tablet support is one of the reasons I asked Corel to drop me out of the Bryce 5 beta cycle. I just can't stand using mice... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Anyhow, it seems that Realsoft 3D is one of the veteren 3d applications! Well, that is, it is a re-built version of Real3D. I don't know how it's escaped my knowledge so well, but this puppy has been around for 15 years. It's childhood took place, lo and behold, on the Amiga! Woohoo! LightWave has a cousin! (LightWave was originally made for the Amiga I don't know how many years ago)...

Realsoft 3D packs a lot of power - at a reasonable price tag. Selling for $700, it has a beautiful rendering engine (64-bits PER channel), support for polygonal, particle, NURBs, and sub-division modeling, as well as a well designed interface. Though I can't say that I'll be using it (again, the lack of tablet support), I'd recommend it to anyone who's just starting up (or at least that they try it out).

Tom,

It sounds like "Realsoft" is quite a bit more advanced than "Real3D" - so I'm afraid the demo really can't help with that question. However, if you or anyone is interested in this program, download the demo! You can get a great feel for the interface and they don't limit you much at all. A great way to make a decision on which 3d application to use...