Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I accidently moved the tools docker. It was on the right of my screen with the actual right border/scroll bar of the doc to the left of the tools docker. I did something and it (docker) got really small then I tried to enlarge it by dragging a corner and then it got across the top of my document full screen horizontally. It really takes up a lot of room this way and cuts down the view size of the doc. How can I return it to the original position? CorelDraw 9.337 Win 98SE

Thanks you so much.
    IP

I accidently moved the tools docker. It was on the right of my screen with the actual right border/scroll bar of the doc to the left of the tools docker. I did something and it (docker) got really small then I tried to enlarge it by dragging a corner and then it got across the top of my document full screen horizontally. It really takes up a lot of room this way and cuts down the view size of the doc. How can I return it to the original position? CorelDraw 9.337 Win 98SE

Thanks you so much.
    IP

I really meant Object Manager not Tools although I'm sure the fix will be the same. SORRY!
    IP

Don't panic. Click/hold down on the dockers tab and drag it to the far right and release. You'll notice as you drag it to the right (or even left)the size will change. If you've got other dockers, align the Obj docker to the rest of the group and release.

vee
    IP

Thank you so much but now the docker window won't go the full length of the screen. I have to pull it down every time I open the objects docker. It used to go right over the object manager window.

I'm not panicking, LOL thanks for the reassurance. I was a sorta panicky at the time.
    IP

Have you tried closing the docker completely and then going to Windows/Dockers and reopening it? When I do this, it opens in the docked position on the right side of the screen.
    IP

rsnowman, yes I closed the docker window completely and re-opened using 'tools' then I used tools to open 'symbols and special characters' and it still only fills about 1/3 of the docker area on the right side of the screen. I can still see the object docker there too. The sysmbols.... used to completely cover the object docker when I would open it. I tried collapsing the object docker and then opening the symbols docker and the symbols docker is collapsed also.. so I expanded it and both the symbol and object docker open in a partial window.

Thank you for your time helping me. I really messed it up.
    IP

CD9 may be different from CD10. But, instead of going to Tools, look under windows and see if there is a "Dockers" option. If there is, try opening from there.
    IP

rsnowman, I did as you suggested, went to the windows and selected dockers/symbol... and both the object manager and symbols/spec char came up as partial windows. Object Mgr on top about 2/3 and special characters on bottom about 1/3 of viewable area, not including the menu/tool bars at the top.
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

PS My email notification doesn't work. I have a checkmark in the box. But never get a notification.
    IP

I've seen that on mine also. I wish I could recall the exact steps I took to get rid of it. I suggest you completely close all dockers. Restart Draw holding down f8 and check yes to default. If you have a customized workspace, make a backup copy first to reinstall later.

Once you have the default workspace, use Windows/Dockers to open the Object Manager docker. It should open on the right with a full window. Be sure to unexpand it before opening the next docker. Let me know if this works.
    IP