Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

A while back I stumbled upon a terrific website put up by Prof. Davidson of Florida State University. It's called Molecular Expressions and it features galleries of very beautiful microscopy pics. I thought they'd make great textures for use in Xara and so I wrote Prof. Davidson seeking permission for Xara Forum participants to freely use his copyrighted images in derivative works. He responded quickly saying it was okay so long as use of his copyrighted image was acknowledged in each post where one of his images was used. While that agreement extended only to images posted in the xara forums, I can imagine if the 3d forum users wanted permission too all they'd have to do is ask him nicely. I told him about the xara forums and their users and made clear it is non-commercial.

I hope you'll visit the site. Be sure to check out the beer labels! Also he has a collection of beautiful 3d-modeled microcopes (showing the history of microscopes). They were modelled photorealistically in 3D Studio Max by graphics artists in his laboratory. They are really good! Don't miss seeing them - you can find them here. There is also a free screensaver you can download featuring the microscope models.

I hope you enjoy!

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

A while back I stumbled upon a terrific website put up by Prof. Davidson of Florida State University. It's called Molecular Expressions and it features galleries of very beautiful microscopy pics. I thought they'd make great textures for use in Xara and so I wrote Prof. Davidson seeking permission for Xara Forum participants to freely use his copyrighted images in derivative works. He responded quickly saying it was okay so long as use of his copyrighted image was acknowledged in each post where one of his images was used. While that agreement extended only to images posted in the xara forums, I can imagine if the 3d forum users wanted permission too all they'd have to do is ask him nicely. I told him about the xara forums and their users and made clear it is non-commercial.

I hope you'll visit the site. Be sure to check out the beer labels! Also he has a collection of beautiful 3d-modeled microcopes (showing the history of microscopes). They were modelled photorealistically in 3D Studio Max by graphics artists in his laboratory. They are really good! Don't miss seeing them - you can find them here. There is also a free screensaver you can download featuring the microscope models.

I hope you enjoy!

Regards, Ross

Example: wouldn't a rice krispie image make a great rusty texture?

Regards, Ross

Ross,

Rust or even some alien skin. So moist and slimly. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Thanks Ross [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Thats a pretty neat site.

If someone showed me that rice krispie image I would have said it looked like a medical image of someones insides.

Stu.