Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Storyboards

Hello everybody,

I wondered if somebody does storyboards? I do a lot so this is my approach. I use Poser 4, RDS 5, Strata 3D and Xara (sometimes Photoshop) Of course it depends on the complexity.
    After the initial sketch in paper where I illustrate the action I start generating the frames. If I can get good backgrounds as image I use them, if not I generate them in 3D or Xara. The characters are all generated in Poser 4. Once Xara imports the image (with the Poser 4 generated alpha channel) already cuted around it is very easy to see how it works against the background if I need to tune up something like perspectives, position etc. Working with Xara transparencies I compose the backgrounds and layout the story. Poser is not very friendly with imported objects so many times I colored them in Xara too, generating a mask/clip path in Photoshop and bringing the AI stuff to Xara. I recently did one animated entirely in Poser 4 but the renders tooked me ...eternity (768x576 res) and creating walking paths and motion in Poser is terrible. More if you are not careful with the bendings, IK and movements you may have some unpleasant surprises. But the final effect is great. I output to video or CD from my old Miro DC30Plus capture card after editing in Premiere or Casablanca AVIO and get really good SVideo quality. It's intensive but pays.

Cheers to all

emel
    www.homographicus.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	story.jpg 
Views:	247 
Size:	144.5 KB 
ID:	10896  

Hello everybody,

I wondered if somebody does storyboards? I do a lot so this is my approach. I use Poser 4, RDS 5, Strata 3D and Xara (sometimes Photoshop) Of course it depends on the complexity.
    After the initial sketch in paper where I illustrate the action I start generating the frames. If I can get good backgrounds as image I use them, if not I generate them in 3D or Xara. The characters are all generated in Poser 4. Once Xara imports the image (with the Poser 4 generated alpha channel) already cuted around it is very easy to see how it works against the background if I need to tune up something like perspectives, position etc. Working with Xara transparencies I compose the backgrounds and layout the story. Poser is not very friendly with imported objects so many times I colored them in Xara too, generating a mask/clip path in Photoshop and bringing the AI stuff to Xara. I recently did one animated entirely in Poser 4 but the renders tooked me ...eternity (768x576 res) and creating walking paths and motion in Poser is terrible. More if you are not careful with the bendings, IK and movements you may have some unpleasant surprises. But the final effect is great. I output to video or CD from my old Miro DC30Plus capture card after editing in Premiere or Casablanca AVIO and get really good SVideo quality. It's intensive but pays.

Cheers to all

emel
    www.homographicus.com

Hi Emel...just got back from visiting your web site and I must say... I really enjoyed viewing your worx... lots of colors and a vivid imagination... Thank You... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

That work is very nice emel [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Stu.

Thanks for the comments.

emel