Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Quick Contour

Gary's May tut. uses the contour tool, which I have barely touched.

Anyhow, I made this with a quick shape, centered on top of a rectangle, selected both and cut the shape out. I then applied a inside contour I think the results are rather interesting.

Edited to say, I retained the cutout shape and placed it behind the rectangle.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	qwikcon.jpg 
Views:	376 
Size:	42.6 KB 
ID:	4380  

Gary's May tut. uses the contour tool, which I have barely touched.

Anyhow, I made this with a quick shape, centered on top of a rectangle, selected both and cut the shape out. I then applied a inside contour I think the results are rather interesting.

Edited to say, I retained the cutout shape and placed it behind the rectangle.

...If you change the point size of your lines you might even get "instant" stained glass [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Great image. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Judi - I really-really like this design. The pattern would have been perfect for a design project I had about a year ago. I had to come up with some "focus panels" for a prison chapel. The difficulty (besides no design time) was to come up with non-denominational designs that could be used soften and appropriately sanctify the boxy concrete block room that is the chapel in the prison I designed. Something like your pattern could have worked well. Instead, in about twenty minutes, I designed a series of simple 'line' patterns depicting "freedom" that are being computer routed out of 4' x 8' plywood panels with rift-cut oak veneer. I thought the "freedom" theme of mountain scenes, stary nights, forests, etc. was pretty cheeky. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] Your pattern might have worked better. Within the next few weeks, my panels will be fabricated and installed. If they look stupid I guess I'll have to stand up (with my fingers crossed) and say how wonderful they look. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Of a tie-died t-shirt :-)

Awesome effect, Judi

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Rarely So Humble...

Judi, the results are quite stunning! I agree that there are so many things one can do with those tools...it's amazing. I'm sure you'll show us some more, shortly.

BTW-did you see what happened to my Holland Cheese as soon as I took a chunk out...?

Keep 'em comin'..
    Bill Clegg

Smorg, I did play around with making it be stained glass, but liked this effect better.

Ross, I'm sure your "freedom" panels were to encourage prisoners to change their evil ways, but they also might encourage a prison break...tee hee. Thanks for the compliment.

Tie die Gary? Hmmm am going to have to give it a try.

Thanks Bill, I'll go back and check out your cheese, I didn't realise you had changed it.

Ha! look how I spelled realize, too much British influence around here! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Judi, I liked your design so much I was motivated to play around with it. I forgot you had used 'Contour'...by mistake I used 'Bevel'. A gizzmo was born! Ha! FB,please.

Xara is truly amazing...and super FAST.

regards,Bill Clegg
    Attached Images Attached Images  

That's neat Bill, it looks like a plastic toy of some kind. You know like those tops for pre-schoolers with the plunger you push in to make it spin.

Judi

Judi - the design turned out great. That technique looks like a lot of fun!

Bill - how about the title "Trivial Pursuit - LSD edition" [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Risto