Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Peter,
    I missed on the call for the beta much to my regret. Means I will be behind in getting my course updated. One of the promotional pieces talks about three point drawing tools. What in the world are they?
    Pat

PKGibson, Trainer
    Certified CorelDRAW
    Instructor
    www.sulfurcreek.com
    PKGibson, Trainer
    Certified CorelDRAW
    Instructor
    www.sulfurcreek.com
    IP

Hello Pat

These have been borrowed from the CAD world and allow for a different way to construct Rectangles, ellipses and curves.

Instead of a single drag operation to construct such a shape it now takes two operations.

The initial drag operation defines one part shape and on releasing the mouse button you define the other part, this allows for rectangles and ellipses to be created at an angle or snapped between any three existing points in a drawing.

Just one of the new additions to the pen tool flyout (thought this will probably be known as the Polyline tool flyout from now on). The polyline tool allows mixed creation of freehand curves and straight lines and is my preferred tool now, it is also much more intuitive for new users.

This was my first beta test for a company other than the one I work for and it was hard work, hopefully I bought something to the eclectic mix.

Peter

The style challenged Pete'sCrypt
    IP

Cheryl

I installed my Wacom ArtPad II and it all seems to be working.

I can't see any difference between Draw9/PP9 and Draw 11/ PP 11, feels the same to me.

The pressure settings work as I have always known them to. Except that Photo-Paint 11 does not crash during the internal calibrate tablet pressure routine, which Photo-Paint 9 still does with later Wacom drivers. I tested using the 4.72 drivers downloaded from the U.S. Wacom site.

I have read that other graphics packages have a different 'feel' when using tablets, which some users prefer, however being exclusively a Corel user I can't comment on what I don't know.

HTH

Peter

IP

Bottom line, In your opinion, do you think it is a good upgrade, is it worth to move to CD 11 suite?

What are the most features that you liked the most or that been added that will make you buy CD 11 ?

I respect your opinion, and it is important for me to hear it from you [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

thanks
    IP

Peter,
    I read that the brushes now Have predefined pressure settings. Is it working like that for you?

I think this is why other software has a better feel to it. I had all kinds of problems till I read a hint to set my brush pressure to 200.

Thanks for hooking it up to answer my questions.

Cheryl
    IP

AJ

I think Draw 11 is a good release. I will be moving to it at work. I haven't used V10, but the feed back from beta testers who have, say it is a big improvement.

Corel have added new features, some of which I will be using, but mostly they have done their hardest to fix stability issues.

I can certainly verify that it is stable on my system PIII 667 mHz with 256MB of RAM and more importantly Windows XP, read a proper 32 bit operating system which includes 2000 and NT4.0 (though this is getting a bit long in the tooth)

People have also been testing it on Windows 98 and also appear to be happy, but IMHO an upgrade to the OS should be considered (or planned for) if still on Windows 98.

Also for the first time the Apple MAC version development is synchronised. So what I hear you say, well having to develop software for two entirely different operating systems requires discipline and usually results in a stronger core code base, it may not generate huge revenues but it should strengthen the stability of the Draw suite.

Remember these are my own views, I would check out the main Corel newsgroups and see what everyone else is saying after the product has been available for a week or two.

I reckon there will be a majority of happy users. I am sure there will be the usual, why didn't they fix / improve this 'issue' stuff, which happens after every release, but I hope there will be none of the application crash issues that dogged V10.

A lot of the newsgroup regulars did their very best to try and find as many bugs as possible. Which is why I applied to join the test team, Draw 11 is going to be my illustration / graphic manipulation tool at work for the next 3 years and I wanted it to be good.

Peter

IP