Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi,
    This is pretty much my first attemp to do a whole site based on flash...let me know what you think...and where I could improve the most.

Solo22's Poser Website
    solo22@citenet.net

- Also if you have time...you can sneak a peek at a new 3D image I just posted in this forum. Click Here to see it. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    IP

Hi,
    This is pretty much my first attemp to do a whole site based on flash...let me know what you think...and where I could improve the most.

Solo22's Poser Website
    solo22@citenet.net

- Also if you have time...you can sneak a peek at a new 3D image I just posted in this forum. Click Here to see it. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    IP

Fan-bloody-tastic! Great images, couldn't dream of better!
    The intro needs a little more fine tuning, might of been my connection but it kept pausing to load up!?!

Keep up the great work! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
    IP

For your first Flash web site, this site is WAAAAAY above average. It is definitly better than my first. A couple of things to point out though is that when I clicked on the buttons to the right, it started "double playing" the music. Got really annoying. Another thing I noticed happened when I refreshed the browser or hit the "Home" button. It went through the pre-loader all over again. It looks like this is something you placed there just to waste time until the movie loads. I recommend learning about the "If Frame Is Loadded" and/or the "If Frames Loaded" action script.

By no means take my remarks in a negative way, the site is good and your graphics rule! I just wish my first Flash site could have been this good.
    IP

Amazing job with Poser, man! Good work! But I have to agree with Stinger on the preloader. If the site takes that long to load on a T1 connection, then it's just way too long to load. My guess is Stinger's right and you should use an "If Frame Is Loaded" action. If you're already using that action, then that just means you need to do some optimization on the rest of the movie (also, remember that Flash streams, so you don't have to make sure the entire site is loaded - you can load it in parts, if you want, or have it load half, and then count on the rest of it to load while it's playing an intro animation or something).

hth,
    Deep (just a guy)

<pre><font face="courier" size="2">,-----------------------------.

| Pradeep Kumar Nair, B.Math |

| Graphic/Multimedia Designer |

| ICQ#: 39102360 |

| Medius Communications, Inc. |

| http://www.medius.com |

`-----------------------------'</font></pre>
    Moderator - i/us Flash Forum
    hth,
    Deep (just a guy)
    --
    Pradeep Kumar Nair, B.Math
    CTO
    9 Story Entertainment
    http://www.9story.com
    IP

Hi,
    is there anywhere I could find a good explanation on how to use the "if frame is loaded" action?

Right now my flash movie is made up of numerous scenes but is more or less just a "play straight" through kinda thing right now. Stinger is right...I am using all the "loading" and intro stuff tu burn time to give the rest of the movie to load. But I don't really know how to use the action you mentioned...any help would be greatly appreciated [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

For example....my loading scene is scene one.
    how would I go about telling the movie to only start from scene two if the entire flash movie is already loaded?

Solo22
    solo22@citenet.net
    IP

All you need is two frames (any frames you want to put in between are your business, my friend). What you should do is create an action in the first scene's first frame which says "if frame is loaded (scene x, a) then go to and play (scene y, b)". That's it for that frame. Basically, if the marker comes here, it checks to see if frame a is loaded in scene x (where x and a are either labels or numbers), and then goes to the frame b of scene y. Sounds easy so far, right? Okay, the next part is even easier! The next frame (you can have it in the next frame or 5000 frames later, for all anyone cares - as long ast those 5000 frames load super quick-fast!), you create a frame action that says "go to and play (1)". That will jump back to the first frame, which will then perform the if frames is loaded test! It will do this indefinitely until the if frames is loaded test is true - then it will jump to scene y and play from frame b.

hth,
    Deep (just a guy)

<pre><font face="courier" size="2">,-----------------------------.

| Pradeep Kumar Nair, B.Math |

| Graphic/Multimedia Designer |

| ICQ#: 39102360 |

| Medius Communications, Inc. |

| http://www.medius.com |

`-----------------------------'</font></pre>
    Moderator - i/us Flash Forum
    hth,
    Deep (just a guy)
    --
    Pradeep Kumar Nair, B.Math
    CTO
    9 Story Entertainment
    http://www.9story.com
    IP

I came a bit late to see the site..its prolly been down for a couple of years now..
    But any of you know this guy still, i like to see what all the commotion was all about.

Play DrugBaron: www.mindgem.nu/drugbaron.html
    Play GraffitiCreator: www.mindgem.nu/graffiti.html
    Some Eyecandy: www.mindgem.nu/galleryindex.html
    IP

I sent Solo an email to see if the site is located somewhere else now. I haven't heard anything back yet, but when and if I do, I'll post it here.

Scott
    IP