Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Some time ago I got three pictureframes, with two frameworks in each frame. This are the pictures I created with XaraX. I'm curious what you think of it.

Jolande
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flowers.jpg 
Views:	320 
Size:	74.3 KB 
ID:	14777  

Some time ago I got three pictureframes, with two frameworks in each frame. This are the pictures I created with XaraX. I'm curious what you think of it.

Jolande

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

Hi Jolande,

I love the flowers. Very pastel and muted. The pebbles... on the other hand do not fit for some reason.

They tend to overpower the scene. Flowers are usually the eyegrabber not the stones...

Unless this is a rock garden...
    John/DOT

Jolande,

I really like the colour and tones you chose to use in your illustration. It comes to gether so nicely, all the way from the colour of the background, flowers, down to the pepples.

The pebbles do seem a bit large in comparison to the rest of the image, but I like it. The pebbles themselves look great, and they are quite enjoyable to look at. Perhaps variying (shape and texture) a couple of the more easily recognized ones, (e.g. the one with the line through it), might give it a more random (natural) texture look.

Some of the pebbles have a bit of a "pixelation" (the outer edges) from the AA of many layered shapes/or clipview? Did you try and give them just the tiniest bit of feathering to see what it would look like? Granted, it will probably not be as noticable on a high-res image, and when printed.

I like! Thanks for sharing!

Hi John, the reason that I chose pebbles and the flowers is the contrast between them. The flowers are delicate and flexible and pebbles are hard and inflexible. Flowers are living and growing and pebbles are dead. In spite of the pebbles in the front, the flowers attract the attention through their delicate and ever changing appearance (I think).
    Risto you're right some pebbles are repeated to much but the "pixelation" doesn't show in the final print.

Thanks Jolande

I really love this image, there is something really special with this that seems to sepak to me.
    thanks for posting
    tim

Jolande,
    I think this is really nice. I'm especially excited about those stones. Great work...
    ron
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

Hi Jolande,

I like how it looks, it is just something that looks a little weird. I couldn't really put my finger on it so I guessed it was the stones.

Maybe Risto had it right with the rocks being too big. or maybe it was that the flowers are behind the rocks and not within them. I do not know... It just does all tie together perfectly.
    John/DOT

Hi Jolande,

I think it is very striking. Perhaps you will post a picture of this wall art once it is hung.

-Ed.

Hello Jolande.
    It`s a good pictures for interior. I like these colors and a romantic mood.